R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 Honda 600RR ( I know this site is mainly for Yamaha riders, but you guys seem to give great advice). I've been riding for about a year now and decide to start learning wheelies. I had a couple of questions and I was hoping some of you guys could help out.

1. What in the hell does Looping your bike mean?
2. I have seen people use "BP" a lot, is the same as 12 o'clock? What is it?
3. What is the safest sure fire way to pull off a descent wheelie?
-I have powered it up before but, it is never consistent. Each time I have to do something a litlle different. I usually role to about 30 mph and chop it, and then open up the throttle. Sometimes it comes up, sometimes it just halls ass real fucking fast (cool but not what I am looking for).

I truly appreciate advice that you guys can give. Especially since I am probably the only guy here without a yamaha.

6RRKidd

·
Registered
999 Posts
Looping the bike is when the bike flips over backwards, like a loop.

"BP" is balance point. It's not 12 oclock. You might be on the verge of looping at 12. It when the weight of you and your bike is centered, once you find the balance point then keeping the bike up will be easier.

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
hmm, been riding a year huh, and still don't know the answers to those questions? let me help you out...
BP means butt pounding.
looping is referred to dancing with a hula hoop.

dude have you really been riding for a year? or do you ride in a cave?

i'm mean!

ps, i used to own an F4i too. and BTW my post is a joke !

BTW=by the way ya jerk!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shimmy...I read a couple of your previous post and I kinda figured you would be the smart guy to reply...Me and my friends just use different ways to describe things...Example:
1. Looping to us is called "Fucking yourself royally" A.K.A. "The Royal FucK".

2. Instead of saying Balance Point (BP), we say "G-Spot".

I guess it depends on where your from...we speak differently down here in the South (Miami, FL to be exact).

By the way...I have actually been riding for more than a year...I was stationed overseas (Turkey, and Germany) for about 4 years. I used to ride on the expressway over there (pretty cool cuz there are no speed limits. I've topped my old bike at 167mph). I say a year because I have only been riding back in the U.S.A. for about a year. It different with speed limits and crazy mofos behind the wheels of cars.

6RRKidd

·
Registered
989 Posts
Kidd-do a f'in search. so many newbies are so lazy. lots of info on this board. read, do your homework,buy safty gear,and ride more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look man... Just a simple question. I was asking about guys on this board that ride in Miami, Fl. I already ride with a couple of crews on ocassion (Miami Ruff Ryders, Once with Zoo Crew, and recently with a crew that calls themself Saturday Night Riders). I'm not looking to join a crew or nothing, just thought it would be descent to ride with a couple of guys from this board on my off days.

B.T.W...I got safety gear. Never ride without it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
6RRKidd said:
Look man... Just a simple question. I was asking about guys on this board that ride in Miami, Fl. I already ride with a couple of crews on ocassion (Miami Ruff Ryders, Once with Zoo Crew, and recently with a crew that calls themself Saturday Night Riders). I'm not looking to join a crew or nothing, just thought it would be descent to ride with a couple of guys from this board on my off days.

B.T.W...I got safety gear. Never ride without it.

my response was from your first post. did you not ask, how to wheelie?

look i dont care about "crews" or any other of that shit.

if your looking for some one to ride with check out the south east section.

or watch bikerboys a couple more times!

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
6RRKidd said:
3. What is the safest sure fire way to pull off a descent wheelie?
-I have powered it up before but, it is never consistent. Each time I have to do something a litlle different. I usually role to about 30 mph and chop it, and then open up the throttle. Sometimes it comes up, sometimes it just halls ass real fucking fast (cool but not what I am looking for).
I'll try to answer this part. :) Like people above have said, there's a lot of info in the stickies above - check those out for sure. I started learning wheelies recently, as well, so I kinda know what you're going through.

The easiest wheelie to do right off the bat, in my opinion, is the first gear power-up wheelie. I do exactly what you described - cruise (I go slower though, like 15-20 mph), chop the throttle, and then open it up quickly. My front comes up every time. The reason your front doesn't come up sometimes - and you haul ass instead - is because of your body posture. You intuitively lean forward, which is just enough for the bike not to come up. When I was first trying the first gear power-up wheelies, that was the biggest thing for me - and the best advice is: sit up straight and hold your body up with your knees, do not rest all your weight on your palms - and keep your body straight up - and try to keep it straight as you open up the throttle. The front will come up.

The next wheelie I learned is the second gear clutch-up wheelie. One of the guys here, boost, described it well to me, and that worked for me when all else failed - I accelerate slowly/normally to about 40-45 mph in second gear and then open the throttle hard (pretty much WOT - wide open throttle).. and right as the bike begins to accelerate hard, I pull in the clutch with 2 fingers just a little and smoothly quickly release it. A bit of practice (a lot, actually :D), and the front will come up every time.

This is all about getting the front end up... keeping it up is another story. I'm still learning to do that, hehe. Good luck and let me know if you have questions... like I said, since I've just learned this a couple weeks ago, I'll probably be able to help figure out what you're not doing right.

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
boost said:
Seems like just because he rides a Honda, people are giving him a hard time
no way! i used to ride a honda. i swear by them infact! Kid has a nice bike; gotta hand it to em. i was just giving him a hard time for asking such a newbie question when he's been riding for over a year! it seems that from experience people just get the lingo, ya know?

hey RRkidd, ride safe when ur practicing those wheelies! sorry for being a jerk bro...

·
Street Certified
1,352 Posts
shimmy said:
i was just giving him a hard time for asking such a newbie question when he's been riding for over a year!
There's plenty of people out there that ride that don't even know how to use a computer. They would look at you like you are weird when you started tossing terms out there that most of us know from being online.... And then lose you in the twisties, or outwheelie you, or outstunt you.

Bottom line, is that every area has it's lingo.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
yeah i never knew the lingo till i got into stunting...he gives our board props, in his first post..saying we give useful information...then you asshats quickly change his mind on our informative posting...i understand the jokes..but somtimes it is to damn much...::rant::

1 - 20 of 28 Posts