R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an earlier post on the old site regarding the same issue I am having but no answers as to what the fix was. I have an 03' R6 and was riding home yesterday morning when all of the sudden the bike just acted like it was running out of gas. I tried to pull over from the Hyper lane on the freeway in los angeles and as I twisted the throttle the rpm's just stayed at idle I finally got it to the side of the road and tried again to twist the throttle open and again NOTHING but idle. So I shut the bike off and re-started in a couple of minutes and it fired up and seemed to ride fine for about 10 minutes then did it again. As I said in the titole I really can't afford to pay the 300 that the Local dealers want just to trouble shoot the issue and since there was an earlier post I figured I would just ask what the fix was.

any help in this matter is truly appreciated

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
134 Posts
ok i had this same exact issue with my bike. the only difference is that mine is carbed( not FI) and wouldnt even idle, it was totally starved for fuel. what i found was happening on my bike is the gas tank was not venting and it was creating a huge vaccuum inside and then it would get to a point and "run out of gas" and overwork the fuel pump. i would wait like 45 min and then it would start and run fine. easy way to find out if this is your problem is when it happens again, pop ur gas tank open and see if it does not release a vaccuum inside your tank(after you do that it should be able to ride). real easy fix and that is take off your tank and blow compressed air into all the tank vents... that should do it. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts