R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a very newb question, but I can not figure out how to use the helmet holder under the passenger seat, in fact, i don't even know what part is the "helmet holder" if anyone could shine some light on this topic, it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
561 Posts
take the seat off, hook the d-ring on your helmet on one of the plastic hooks under the seat...there is one on each side, re-install seat. The helmet(s) will hang down beside the tail section. This works for '03-'05, not sure about the previous generation.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I presume you are talking 03-05....

Under the seat on both sides of it, are little straps. they are the ones toward the front of the seat. now, near those straps are little tabs, they are not big at all. hook the helmet tabs (the metal part of the chinstrap) to those tabe, adn re-attach the seat. Now, a word of advice, make sure those chinstrap tabs are up, so that your helmet isn't hanging off like a bucket....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, i am talking about a 99 model. The owners manual actually mentions it, but the diagram is really small so i can't figure out what its pointing to. I will try out the tip you gave me about the '03 model, maybe it is the same thing. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
its the exact same thing for 99-02, take off the rear seat, then attach the d-ring to the white plastic hook (real small) on either side of the bottom front of the rear seat, then re-attach the seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When i bought my bike i asked the guy if there were helmet holders and he told me know. I found them soon after. What a dork

·
Registered
41 Posts
I never have understood the helmet holders since if I am riding I have my helmet on and if I am not riding I take the helmet with me to deter theft or vandalism.....rather be safe than sorry I guess !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts