R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the US or EU bikes had the headlights swapped around so it lights the right side instead of the left?

I'd assumed that the left light was standard on the AUS bikes as we ride on the left (to light the edge of the road)

Probably wrong, just curious.

Cheers all,

Russ

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
My Canadian-spec '03 has the low-beam on the left. As do the US-spec. And as far as I know the EU bikes do as well.

Are you from Australia (not in your member profile) and do those bikes have low-beam on the right? If they do, I have learned something new today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I'm from Australia....and no our bikes have the low beam on the left hand side also.

I guess there is no reason for it and Yamaha just picked a side.

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Russ

*edit* Profile updated, cheers for reminding me to do it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The reason the low beams are on the right side is so that incoming cars car see you if you were behind a car.. That's the reason it's on the left side..

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
http://www.highbimmin.com/

i LOVE the stuff that can be done here

the only thing is that it looks like theres only 1 single bulb on each side on the 06's... unless im mistaken (correct me plz)

looks sweet with 2 on each side.... but this might be sweet as well ;)

*awaits*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stphnman20 said:
The reason the low beams are on the right side is so that incoming cars car see you if you were behind a car.. That's the reason it's on the left side..

My low beams are on the LEFT side...we ride on the left side of the road hence the low beams would be hidden behind the car for any oncoming vehicles.

Are you saying that your low beams are on the RIGHT side?

Russ

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
I think that was a mis-print about low beam on the right.

I just cant imagine riding on the wrong side of the road :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh, what he was saying makes sense and I assumed there was a particular reason for selecting the left side to be the low beams. I was trying to determine if Yamaha changed it for the different markets but it appears as though they left it the same.

Many motorcycle manufacturers have stated that Australia is a miniscule market for them so they very probably put the bikes in for Aussie Design Rules testing and once it passed they didn't see a need to change it.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Russ

·
Phi Alpha
1,518 Posts
This applies to the US, Euro, & Canadian Specs.....

The stock setup is one low beam light on the left side, and one high beam light on the right side. There is one H7 bulb on the left side that supplies the low beam light, and one H7 bulb that supplies the high beam light.

There are two conversions out that change the stock setup and add 2 bulbs to the headlight so you end up having one low beam and one high beam on EACH side. (Inners are low beams and outers are high beams).

Check out www.palehorsecycles.com and www.highbimmin.com for more information on the two headlight conversions. :thumbup

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts