R6 Message Net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Graves Yamaha's Josh Herrin Finishes Second At Barber

Graves Yamaha's Josh Herrin made a strong charge in the Barber Supersport race on Sunday. The sixteen year-old finished second after carving his way through some of the top names in AMA Supersport racing.

Herrin jumped onto the scene last year with a third place finish at Utah in an aggressive ride that saw him battle with Kawasaki's Roger Hayden. Herrin hadn't been able to top that first race in his following attempts but the Alabama performance changed that.

"All I know is it's great to be up here again," said Herrin after the race. "Just having everybody saying all this stuff about 'oh what happened? You got on the podium in that first race and then all the sudden you don't do good anymore.' This proves to them that we're still up here fighting for this. This is really good and my crew did great. Qualifying didn't go so good but I picked it up in the race and had confidence in myself even if other people didn't. I knew I could do it."

After starting out seventh on the first lap, Herrin was able to pass Aaron Gobert, Roger Hayden and Tommy Hayden for third. Herrin then ran down Steve Rapp for second place behind winner Josh Hayes of the Erion Honda team. Although he couldn't challenge Hayes, the Graves Yamaha racer was less than four seconds back at the flag.

"At first when I was sitting behind Steve trying to get by him, I was watching Josh go away. I wanted to get up there really bad. Once I got by Steve, (Hayes) had probably about a five second gap. I thought I could maybe reel it in just a little bit but things just didn't work out right. Josh rode a really good race. "

·
Registered
200 Posts
It was awesome watching him come through from the back and dipping on the inside. He was riding hard to get up front. By the time he got past Rapp for 2nd, it looked like he was spent.

Great ride, hopefully he has a great coach/manager so he will continue to improve and succeed. :handclap

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
That kid is amazing!
I have been on the track with him.....
Let me re-phrase that...A flash passed me with a child hanging off a bike at an impossible angle in a corner....

·
lost in translation
233 Posts
He's a great rider and a really nice guy. I've shot some stuff for the Graves team, and Josh was pushing bikes around with the mechanics as we set up for the photos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts