R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
That's got to be the ugliest thing i've ever seen...

·
Registered
886 Posts
i like the price.. damn

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Well guys, it is a FULL exhaust and with a TITANIUM Canister. $999? A little steep IMO.

The RACEFIT shorty cans on the ZX10r and ZOOK K5/K6 full TITANIUM HEADERS with CF or TITANIUM canisters are going for around that price...

Well the look, I don't know. It's hard to say by the pic alone, have to see it in person. Stock RACEFIT exaust looks better.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
BOOST_junkie said:
cheap??? what are you talking about dont be silly
Considering my Graves full Ti World GP for an 05 was $1099 I think $999 is inexpencive for a FULL TITANIUM EXHAUST with the valve for the O2 sensor

·
Registered
376 Posts
the price seems average for a full system these days.Not to say i agree with the price but what can ya do? As for looks...... it looks good but would look alot better in carbon fiber & the outlet on the end looks wierd.Not sure if i like the turn up end.I guess we'll have to wait alittle longer & see what the competition offers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Firetire said:
Considering my Graves full Ti World GP for an 05 was $1099 I think $999 is inexpencive for a FULL TITANIUM EXHAUST with the valve for the O2 sensor

Description: Check out our all new hand-made-in-the-USA full exhaust system for the 2006 Yamaha R6. This high performance exhaust system features stainless steel headers, billet aluminum flanges and a titanium canister. O2 Bung is provided for use with the Yamaha O2 Sensor.

Its NOT full titanium!!! Just the can

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
and it just has a bung hole for the 02 sensor not a valve

:lol I actually got to use the words bung hole in a sentence

·
Registered
151 Posts
You need TP for that bung hole. While carbon fiber is nice, not on that pipe. The thing that really worries me about the bike is the damge to the pipe, rearset and swingarm when you put the right side down.

Akrapovic has a nifty lookin' "hexagonal shape" muffler out nowadays.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Big Deezul said:
good thing is when you put on a/m rear sets with dolid pegs they will protect the pipe in a wreck
I hsould get some of them dolid pegs, wonder if they're better than fixed rearsets? :D

I've yet to find a set of rearsets that could stand my abuse. Haven't bent a peg yet, but the backing plate always moves a bit. Going to try CFM-Woodcraft this year.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
It doesn't look too bad. I still need to get used to the can being small and tucked away like that. Wonder how it sounds...

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Big Deezul said:
good thing is when you put on a/m rear sets with dolid pegs they will protect the pipe in a wreck
I guess protect it more than the current pipes, but still damaged easily.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Big Deezul said:
So D. where can I find these dolid pegs you speak of? I really need to try some for next season! :kickinnut :rollin

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
i just dont understand why these full systems cost so much for bike. Hell a full flomaster system for cars are better priced. I mean, im sure there is going to be a huge demand for the 06 systems, but damn look how small the exhaust system is . Its one of the shortest systems on the market when you consider the length from header to the can. Looks like it would cost less to produce them (less materials involved) but i guess it just a case of supply and demand. Sorry im just rantin and a cheap ass i guess.

Oh. is there even going to be any slip ons for the 06. It looks to me like the design of the stock system kinda makes a slip on not an option.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
haha cheap! you funny rich bastards would actually install the ugly piece of stem on an 06 over the ak?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts