R6 Message Net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to get myself another Xmas present and I can't decide between these two - GPR stabilizer or the Scorpio alarm with all the accessories. Considering that my car was stolen once and I don't like people around my bike, I am aiming towards the alarm. However, I have heard many say how the stabilizer makes a huge difference in the R6. I have never had any experience with either one so all input is appreciated. Can anyone tell me more about what the stabilizer really does and what it is like compared to not riding with one? What are some advantages/drawbacks to both of these? Are they both worth the money? THanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Definetly the Damper, and I would go with Scotts instead of GPR.

The alarm I would not even bother with, they only give the owner a false sense of security. All a thief would have to do is disable the siren source and they still pick it up and take it. The best anti-theft device for a bike is a good cable or chain that fastens the bike to a secured grounded source. Dont leave your ride slipping anywhere, it will only give a thief the temptation to take it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Definately a damper. Doesn't matter they are all pretty good. I have a GPR and it is great, works wonders because it helps with head shakes. GPR is a little cheaper and is a good damper, however the Scotts is very nice also, nothing but good reviews from people.:2cents

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help so far - I am going with a damper. Can anyone tell me more about what they really do? Also, I hate the way the scott's and ohlins look - if they do their job, which one is better, pit bull or GPR?

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
I just got in on the GB on the pitbull I have a GPR and love it but I want to try out the new Pit bull so fro the price it was worth it for me

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
GPR's lock up. and its not hard to have scotts annodized.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That alarm, IMHO, is one of the most overrated, overpriced pieces of crap you could put on your bike. I had so many troubles with mine, from going off when no one was around to not going off at all, that it now sits in my underseat, unplugged and gathering dust.

Do yourself a favour, and get the damper.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
no, get them both because ifyou don't you will find that you needed the other one first. JMO from experience when I decided to get flush mounts before frame sliders

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
IMHO - Go with the Stabilizer first ...
Both GPR and Scotts get :thumbup :thumbup

Scotts have more adjustability - which some people like to have on the street.
But they both work great.

Adjustability difference
GPR has one circuit for dampening - Covers high and low speed
Scotts has two circuits - One for high speed and one for low(parking lot speeds).

Since the GPR only has the one circuit, you could say its adjustability is very similar to shaft style stabilizers.

The nice thing about both of them is they are typically out of harms way if you go down.

If you order either one from us, be sure to use the R6MN offer code ( R6MN ) :thumbup

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
all these people slamming GPR, do you have any experience with GPR to back up your claims?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts