R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot of the things we hate about the board--the chat is gone, the members tab, the skins-- are being implemented...give it a couple days to work itself out.

the "rules" thing is VS's template. WE as mods and Deezul and Eli as admin will alter their rules to fit our needs and they will be nearly as they have always been. we will be using some version of their "points system". this will hopefully illuminate some of the variance that gets involved with emotions

what we cannot do anything about is the fact that it's owned by a company and that they put their ads all over the fucking place. the temp solution is to dl the ad blockers...FF has a plugin, IE7 as adblocker too. so take away the ads and when the old skins are back on in a couple days, the vast majority of complaints are dealt with.

give it a few days please. don't freak out and run away because it is not EXACTLY as it has been. i'm pissed too. but getting crazy emotional and running away is fucking stupid. man up, sit tight and see if it isn't ok in a week. if not, then do whatcha gotta do.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i can understand where you are coming from, but on the other hand, the forum is no longer going to be how it was. also what is stopping this new owner from charging right now for vip access, to in the future charging for general access. they basically can change anything they want, whenever they want. i'm all for having another board where it is free for everything and for the good of the sport, not for the good of one company's pocket book. i'll check it out, but unless shit gets a lot better real fast, i'm gone.

·
No, hope, left...
534 Posts
What do you think fella's? Trust the guy and wait and see if things are ok SOON? Just know I am 100% ready finger on the trigger to fund a new site for ya'll 100% my contribution. Post up and let's talk. I'm open minded. But I care about all of ya'll. Not a pretty boy and his fucking Lambo. I'll be back in a few...

·
Registered
461 Posts
thing is, same thing happened to R6-forum, and since then, nothing has changed. the difference between that forum and this one is that one has a bunch of post whore douche bags who don't know jack about the sport. this one actually has guys who care and don't feel like dealing with a corporate ass clown so they are going to do something about and make another forum that is just like what we loved before.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
sorry man, i (we) feel like a cheep wore, a lot of people put a lot time and knowledge on here. its time we move on to a new home that will not get bought out. i don't want motorcycle.com to get tons of customers b.c of a how to i made or some knowledge i have. its bull shit.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look bro. i am MORE pissed than you. i fucking guarantee it. and if shit stands as it does RIGHT NOW for more than about a week I will bail too! but i am going to settle the fuck down and see if MAYBE there is some advantage to it all.

·
No, hope, left...
534 Posts
sorry man, i (we) feel like a cheep wore, a lot of people put a lot time and knowledge on here. its time we move on to a new home that will not get bought out. i don't want motorcycle.com to get tons of customers b.c of a how to i made or some knowledge i have. its bull shit.
Truth... :handclap

Answer your phone man.

·
Go Bears!
340 Posts
I could wait forever and I'll never have the feeling I've had for the last 7 years back. This place no longer belongs to us. We should go elsewhere. Leave the bad and take all the good with us. Easy as that.

·
Registered
989 Posts
warm good post, but this is FAR from cool.....its a damn newspaper now. 50% content 50% ads

·
No, hope, left...
534 Posts
its not ringing! sign on to aim! did you see how men people are in here 54!!! o shit!
Good talking to you. Let me know if yall need ANYTHING at all. I'm home so PM's are not the fastest way to get me. Cell it. Peace :thumbup

·
No, hope, left...
534 Posts
hell ya buddy your in my phone now!
Werd. I know ya'll were able to raise funds hella fast before I could get to all of my PM's and help, and for that, my sincere apologies. I need to get a damn keyboard because this sixAxis suuuuucks! Anyways. Ya'll have my support should you need ANY help keeping the family alive. Don't hesisate to hit me up! Grub time. I'm out. Keep me posted... :thumbup

- Nick

·
The Invisible Mod
1,259 Posts
Guys, as Seth has said, give the new board some time to iron out the problems and then take a fresh look at it.

Nobody likes changes but sometimes these changes work - Give it a little time

·
No, hope, left...
534 Posts
Guys, as Seth has said, give the new board some time to iron out the problems and then take a fresh look at it.

Nobody likes changes but sometimes these changes work - Give it a little time
Do you like being controlled? You don't get it... Wouldn't you rather be where the owner would NEVER sell us to make a buck?

·
Track day dreamer
6,874 Posts
Let's not downplay this catastrophe as some 'little change'. It's not like they just installed a new hack on the board software, they fucking sold us.

·
Go Bears!
340 Posts
No one has lied because no one has given us a damned explanation. Apparently it's coming "very soon". You'd think the hours of downtime would have been plenty sufficient for someone to type up a paragraph or two...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts