R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good price for a 2004 or 2005 used R1? By good I mean...if you set out to by one what would you expect to purchase one for. Also with resonable mileage and clear title with no scratches or dents.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
if youre going to ask a question you might as well ask us a real one...how many miles, what mods, kept outside ..garaged....? tires...... under warranty still? etc etc

hahah after looking at your post again,
its pretty obvious youve never ridden a bike (or atleast owned one before) and youre going for an R1 huh......tsk tsk tsk

·
Registered
179 Posts
shimmy said:
have some people just never heard of NADA of KBB?
NADA and KBB are crap here in NM. NOBODY goes by their numbers. it is usually $1K to $3K higher here compaired to book for R1's and R6's depending on condition.

Price is also dependant on season, I know at least here, our prices go down 10% to 15% in the off season, but they can go up 10%-20% in the begining. When are you looking to buy? Are you willing to fix it up? are you looking for a wheelie machine or a race bike? like many have already said, these are all factors.

If this is your first bike, take it easy. Don't get a bike to impress anyone, or test yourself. just my :2cents

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Timedatombomb said:
If you are going to get a R1 and you have never ridden before get life insurance.....
you might even get a better insurance rate if you link bike and life insurance with the same company :thumbup

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
DustinSchuldt said:
I would go for the y2k but my father wont lend me the 150grand
damn i didnt realize 2000 R1's were going for $150k i should start buying up all those R1's for sale on ebay at $2500!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
CTB....its good to see others in here from Albuquerque, NM. Once I get the 06 R6 we should all get together for a ride....:thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts