R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at some jackets, found the Joe rocket Speedmaster jacket for $355 brand new. I have seen them from $404.99 to $499.99 but i found a place that will sell it to me for $355, anywhere else any cheaper than that? Also what is your opinion on the jacket?

·
waiting for GP
3,977 Posts
I wore a Speed Master from August till November, it was a really nice jacket, seemed to be made well and fit good with good armor in the shoulders and elbow/forearm could use a back protector rather than the pad it came with, when I ordered the jacket I didnt realize it had the aero hump on the back, which I didnt mind but kinda looks awkward on the street. overall I was pleased with the jacket but altimately sold it for something a little more low key looking. I paid $407 for it through Tonker, where did you find it for $355?????

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
what brands would you recomend TZRaceR6?? I hadn't heard anything bad about Joe Rocket yet but I haven't heard anything good either

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
I'm not going to recommend any one company in particular. It's better if people do their own research and learn about the gear they are wearing. License2ill is one person to talk with about safety equipment.

But when looking for a jacket, gloves, leather suit, etc... look at the type of stitching used, where is it double and triple stitched, is it outsourced to some place like Vietnam (Dainese comes to mind, and their stuff has gone to shit!), is the armor just stuck into the shoulder and elbow area with just a pouch, or is it velcroed into place, etc...

Safety for everyone here on this board is my #1 concern and Joe Rocket still hasn't convinced me that their stuff is quality yet. You can buy what you like, but there is better, safer stuff out there. I don't buy off the rack anymore, as fitment is just as critical as armor.

If you are truely serious about a quality, safe jacket then look into NJK or Z Custom leathers. You will spend more than off the rack stuff, but at least you know that what you are getting is crash tested to the severist of extents and holds up! But this is just my opinion.

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
Thanks. thats good advice but I am still about 6 months new to bikes and I am pretty sure I am hooked for life. I understand the importance of a high quality jacket because without any direction I already wrecked a textile and tore the stiching in that. But being that I am such a Noobie still there is a possibility I won't be into riding in a year (don't see that happening) but custom fit stuff is very pricey and I just don't have that kind of cash. any ideas? or do I just go all out and spend the dough?

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
^^^ You're asking a guy that has 3rd degree burns (9"x3") on his abdomen and road rashing. I'm not telling anyone to go out and spend $1000 on a jacket, I'm simply saying research what is out there and buy the best made jacket you can. I look at it like this; What is 8-12 weeks of your life from injury worth? I personally, will never, ever wear anything made by Joe Rocket again.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yea thanks for the input, ill do some more research, i want to get a quality jacket because i want the best protection for myself.
The website i found is amazing though guys! check it out. The shoei X-11 is being sold for $519.95. That is for a large kagayama TC-2 version, so one of the helmets with a design, not a flat color.

www.motodepot.com

If you look it up then it will tell you that for that specific companies advertising policies, they are not allowed to list it for lower than the company specifies and it tells you to call or email them for their price. I called and all you have to do is click add to cart for whatever item, the code is motodepot. Type that in the discount code box and that gets you their price, best prices i have found on the stuff they sell!

Just had to share it with the r6MN crew!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts