R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after alot of reading.. and alot of practice.. i finally can pop up/sort of wheelie 2nd..

1st i can pop up high but is very hard to control or hold

2nd is just harder to get in the air. but i had 2 good wheelies for about 10-20yards.. good enough for now..

any advice i would appricate..

im having problems getting it to pop up high enough consistantly...

im stock geared o5..

and finding the balance point.. is hard too..

I know more practice.. but if there is anythign i can incorporate to make this easier let me know...

thanks fellas

MArc

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Honestly more practice and more gas...once you get the clutch it will click one day.

Also doing staggered works a lot better for me.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did my 1st 2nd gear wheelie today.. felt great

altough it was only for maybe 3-8 seconds they were good.. i can consistantly bring up 2nd

I notice if ur at 35-45 mph u dont have to give it alot of gas to get it up

but 45-55mph u have to really throttle it before u flick the clutch..

im getting there!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Man, I hate to say it, but I think you need to slow down buddy. Don't get me wrong here man, I'm not flaming, I'm trying to look out for a fellow R6 rider here. You don't have much time in the seat man. I don't think racing and wheelies are what you should be focused on at this point. I really think you ought to be riding fairly conservatively. By all means, go to the twisties and have some fun. That is how you're going to learn what your bike can do, and thats how you're going to become a better rider. Wheelies are good for seeing some bewbies (and by no means is there anything wrong with some bewbies now and then... :lol ) and wrecking perfectly good bikes (which isn't so good...). Don't get me wrong here, I like a wheelie every now and then (usually on the track though on a cool down lap), but I would consider myself a pretty good rider (moving to expert next season).

I guess it comes down to you. You bought the bike, you pay your insurance, and you pay your medical bills. Do what you want. Just rember, there is a time and a place for everything, keep that in mind next time you get that urge to whack that throttle open and bring her up. And remember, COVER THAT REAR BRAKE!!!!

I just want to stress one more time that I'm not flaming you, or even lecturing here, I'm just trying to steer a fellow rider in what I believe to be the right direction.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moto said:
Man, I hate to say it, but I think you need to slow down buddy. Don't get me wrong here man, I'm not flaming, I'm trying to look out for a fellow R6 rider here. You don't have much time in the seat man. I don't think racing and wheelies are what you should be focused on at this point. I really think you ought to be riding fairly conservatively. By all means, go to the twisties and have some fun. That is how you're going to learn what your bike can do, and thats how you're going to become a better rider. Wheelies are good for seeing some bewbies (and by no means is there anything wrong with some bewbies now and then... :lol ) and wrecking perfectly good bikes (which isn't so good...). Don't get me wrong here, I like a wheelie every now and then (usually on the track though on a cool down lap), but I would consider myself a pretty good rider (moving to expert next season).

I guess it comes down to you. You bought the bike, you pay your insurance, and you pay your medical bills. Do what you want. Just rember, there is a time and a place for everything, keep that in mind next time you get that urge to whack that throttle open and bring her up. And remember, COVER THAT REAR BRAKE!!!!

I just want to stress one more time that I'm not flaming you, or even lecturing here, I'm just trying to steer a fellow rider in what I believe to be the right direction.

Thanks for the advice... but keep in mind, i may be a new rider, but im not a young rider.. I took serveral courses.. msf 1 and 2.. and also have 2 friends who ride only track who tought me alot in the twisties.. I learned really fast and got the hang of this bike, NOt pro.. but i can control her...

As far as wheelies.. im pretty confortable with my bike on one wheel so I think im ready to do a couple now and then..

·
Registered
39 Posts
"By all means, go to the twisties and have some fun. That is how you're going to learn what your bike can do, and thats how you're going to become a better rider."
moto couldn't the same be said for going to the parking lot and learning to wheelie

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
illr6 said:
"By all means, go to the twisties and have some fun. That is how you're going to learn what your bike can do, and thats how you're going to become a better rider."
moto couldn't the same be said for going to the parking lot and learning to wheelie

Well moto is a nice dude and is looking out.. but please understand i am very competant and I wouldnt do a wheelie or attempt if i didnt feel comfortable.. ive been riding alot, im not that big of a newb any more...i have had one track day.. ride with friends who teach me alot.. and now i am attempting wheelies..

with that said

if anyone can answer my questions that be nice.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
just pratice...your not going to hit the balance point the first day....nor prob. a month later......we all started off doing baby wheelies that we thought were bad ass....a year later we ride wheelies so long u get bored...year and a half later....we are ideling circles in the parking lot for bewbies!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Faster Integra said:
just pratice...your not going to hit the balance point the first day....nor prob. a month later......we all started off doing baby wheelies that we thought were bad ass....a year later we ride wheelies so long u get bored...year and a half later....we are ideling circles in the parking lot for bewbies!!!

thats motivating man really... sometimes i feel like I am taking tooo long to get it already.. but it seems like it took even u pros a long time to really get it down..

thats comforting i guess..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
yeah no one gets it over night, unless your some freakish stunt master blessed with talent...and some people it takes for ever...took me a while till i hit the balance point...i heard about, seen it..but never experienced it...but that day i finally rode one in the balance point...i felt on top the world...took me a solid year to get 2nd gears down....after i got that down it was on...i started coving the rear brake...slowing them down...and it's endless then..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts