R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm back to the R6 everyone!I've owned a 03 R6 which I sold a 06 R6 that was stolen and have just sold my 03 CBR racebike for a 06 R6 that will be built into a race machine.I was out at the MRP/R6messagenet trackday at summit point last year mostly just hanging out due to a blown gearbox in my CBR.But look foward to meeting some new faces.

So being that I'm new I tryed to use the search with no luck.I was looking for the slipper clutch mod for more slip I've heard about.An can anyone key me in on any of the "free mods" this machine offers.Thanks

-Kevin

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Kevin

There was a post on here some time ago. There are three 3 leg springs behind the clutch boss nut. On the 06 bike I cut the legs off 2 of the springs and it made the slipper work much better, almost no drag. On the 08 I've only cut the legs off one spring but have also machined the boss nut thinner. This works well with a little drag. Both mods make the clutch way better than the std one.

Have a search around the posts as there were pics also.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.