R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all,

I searched through the entire forum for a "how-to" on the installation of GenMar risers, but didn't find anything helpful.

What I am wondering, basically, is, whether or not the installation will require the modification (removal/replacement) of the brake and/or throttle lines (looks like the left handlebar will be okay, but the right lines look like they'll be a very tight fit, if it works at all without modification).

I do not have the risers yet, so I'm not exactly sure what all is supposed to be involved. Can someone who has already done this installation please provide some light? Thanks.

Sorry -- the bike is an '02, and the riser part # is Y-120, which is supposed to be compatible with all R6 generations.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, all,

I searched through the entire forum for a "how-to" on the installation of GenMar risers, but didn't find anything helpful.

What I am wondering, basically, is, whether or not the installation will require the modification (removal/replacement) of the brake and/or throttle lines (looks like the left handlebar will be okay, but the right lines look like they'll be a very tight fit, if it works at all without modification).

I do not have the risers yet, so I'm not exactly sure what all is supposed to be involved. Can someone who has already done this installation please provide some light? Thanks.

Sorry -- the bike is an '02, and the riser part # is Y-120, which is supposed to be compatible with all R6 generations.

I've fitted these with no major problems! (see link) http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-modifications/149139-bad-neck.html#post1937840

1 - 3 of 3 Posts