R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a 2002 r6

I replaced the "signal fuse" because it was blown and everything was fine for about 10 seconds. I go to rev the throttle a little and the fuse blew. I replaced it and now the fuse will always blow once the key is turned to the on position. The headlight works fine, but it's the turn signals/gauge cluster backlight/taillight that aren't working. I've did some searching and never found a definitive answer. If this could be related, I got new tires on friday so yea..... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
407 Posts
OK, here is my take. I had the same problem to an extent. My headlights would even go out but not blow the headlight fuse. In the middle of the wiring harness on the left side of the bike. Yamaha had used a crimp to connect several ground wires together. Over time this crimp had goten sharp and cut into the surrounding wires. Causing a short that only happened when you turned on the switch. Also check the wiring harness that is attached just under the front stay. mine had also came loose and was shorting, but the main problem was the factory wiring harness. Unwrap the wire and check that. I am almost certain thats your problem. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed where this short was. The yamaha tech who had worked on it for almost 2 months had me come down and show it to me before he fixed it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved. LED bulbs were the culprit. Replaced them with regular bulbs and working great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts