R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my blue 2001 Yamaha R6. Selling because I simply never ride it. The bike is in fantastic condition for the age and needs absolutely nothing.

*15,800 miles
*runs perfectly
*new tires (Pirelli Diablo Corsas)
*new oil change and filter
*frame sliders
*full Hindle Exhaust (headers, piping and can)
*Helmet and Jacket come with the bike (small helmet, mesh jacket w/ armor)
*new battery and voltage rectifier (common problem on this bike)
*No 2nd gear issues at all

Bike went into the dealership last year because the drive sprocket fell off (common problem and there was a recall for it) and after the repair under warranty, the dealership said the bike was in fantastic working condition (NY Honda Yamaha).

I am making every effort to disclose every and all blemishes.
*There is a small dent in the tank (dime size) which I have pictures of.
*Couple scratches on the right lower fairing, which I touched up and have pictures of.
*Small scrape on left side of nose fairing, which I touched up and have pictures of.

Bike was down 1 time when a friend dropped in a parking lot at about 5 mph (hence scuff on left side of nose fairing). The tail was replaced with an OEM piece and nothing else was damaged. Frame slider was replaced.

Overall the bike looks impeccable and drives perfectly. The previous owner is my best friend. Neither he or I do wheelies whatsoever and ride fairly conservatively (I rarely am above 12K rpms).

Bike is located in NYC (Astoria Zip 11105), but spent most of its life in Maryland. Was always garaged.

I am going to start at $4,000 obo. Am willing to work with anyone on shipping.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.