R6 Message Net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i just joined your forum...I currently have an 06 honda 600rr and i was going to get the 07rr but from what i see with the pics.. i dont like it too much.. the gap from the mid fairing to the front tire fender makes it look like the r6s.. and i dont like that too much.. i went to the yamaha dealer and the the 06 r6.. wow.. its a gorgeous looking bike.. absolutely gorgeus. i like it alot... i sat on it.. it did seem feel husky to me compared to my rr.. and the exhaust i think its absolutely hideous. no offense to you guys out there..they guy also said 10 g's out the door.. does that sound right? I also want to know what are some of the 06's problems.. but im sure if i do get the r6 it will be 07.. what are the advantages and disadvantages of the bike? is there any exhaust system out there that would make the exhaust undertail? I am also just going to street ride it and do a wheelie here and there.. also.. can you easily fit a 190 tire on it? or would there have to be alot of modifications to do that? I know all you guys are yamaha guys but i just need to know experiences with the 06 to make my decision easier.. thanks alot guys !

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
If you're just riding on the street then I wouldn't get an R6. They have to be reved very high to make better power than the Honda which probably is a pain on the street. They are a bit lighter and faster than the Honda, but not to the point you'll notice on the street. If you just got a new bike this year I would just stick with it. As for the undertail exhaust I don't know of any company that makes one for the R6.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Of all the bikes that have owned the current R6 is the most difficult bike to use on the street. I find that I am using 1st gear alot! :thumbdown But I sort of knew what I was getting into so I am not complaining.

I had a Y2K RC51 and I thought that was tough to ride on the street. But gearing it differently made it easier to ride inner city traffic. As for the '06 R6, I can gear it up in the rear. But it is such a loud bike the thought of more RPM noise on long trips doesnt sit too well with me. I know... ear plugs. :thumbup

I still love my bike! But the other 600's out there offer rideability on the street. But on the track? Well.....

·
It's like clockwork-
1,252 Posts
meh, the 06 r6 is my first sport bike and i have no complaints! i guess whenever I do get a diff bike it will be a huge change.. i am at my gf's right now that's 2 hours away from home, i rode the 6 here at about 110 on back county roads the whole way just fine.. i also have it geared -1 +2 which makes things worse for the highway.. i love the bike and wouldn't have chosen any other one, it's BEAUTIFUL! i guess i wouldn't know the difference though :lol anyways i think it works like a beaut..with wheelies it will take some getting used to because the powerband is so much higher than other 600's.. in 1st gear i usually pull em' up at around 9.5k rpms..but remember it redlines around 16.7k

·
Registered
948 Posts
i rode one and personally like the powerband of my 04 for the streets better then the 06

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
jfanzen said:
good deal guys.. thanks for replies.. on my rr i have -1 +7,,,,,i like the loud on the highway... D&D :) Would the loudest pipe for the 06 R6 be a d and d also?
+7 on the rear?? damn!!! i think all d&d pipes are loud in general.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I preferred the power band of my 03 (with full system) until I was fortunate to get a full system on the 06 with -1 on the front sprocket. Now I have the mid range I want plus everything else the 06 does well. I do wish the bars were 1/2 inch higher though!

Besides the lack of mid range on the 06 is factory engineered.

·
Registered
143 Posts
jfanzen said:
good deal guys.. thanks for replies.. on my rr i have -1 +7,,,,,i like the loud on the highway... D&D :) Would the loudest pipe for the 06 R6 be a d and d also?
What is the stock gearing?

And NO, $10k out the door is too much. I got quoted $8,500 OTD from a dealership in Maryland.....and that was the anniversary. While that might seem too good, it still shows that there is room for better pricing. They are $9,100 on the floor as is, they should work you a MUCH better deal. It's the coming close to the end of the season/model year. Get a way better deal.

Ask them if they pricematch, I am sure they do, then play the $$$ game with a few dealerships. Tell them the lowest one gets your money. Plain and simple. These companies do $2.5million dollar a year business.A few $1,000 won't hurt them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on my 600rr its 16/45? i wanna say......yea the guy was 10 g's out the door im like f u twice buddy... but im not getting an 06 im waiting for the 07....say you get a power commander for the 06 r6 plus exhaust and -1+2 wouldnt that cure the low end lack of power? On the 07 rr the handlebars are higher... i sat on the r6 and it felt pretty good.. a more stealth feel...the bike is beautiful period! one more question can you put a 190 tire on the 06 r6 without having to do any modification?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
there is a thread somewhere about the 190 rear. the bike turns in really sharp as it is and going the 190 way will cause problems, since you won't be able to raise the front or lower the rear suspension without some expensive aftermarket parts.

also check out the exhaust sticky under 'modifications' for all the pipes you can opt for. the racefit growler is a popular choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i saw the can.... there are three types.. there the little can.. kinda like a highmounth thing.. then there the big can and the slash cut... would there be a difference in the sounds? and most important of all.. is the racefit growler louder than the D&D or just as loud? I love the sound of D&D but for this 06 R6 i think the pipe is hideous...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.