R6 Message Net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have a question. Total newb question. I have a lot of free play in my clutch lever. How do I tighten up the clutch tether?

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
Well if it's loose, regardless of the adjustment setting, you could try tightening the bolt that connects the entire assembly to the bike, but my guess is that you have a bad lever. Check to make sure, because my lever may be different, but mine was held on with a rivet and my lever eventually popped off one day. At least it didn't happen while I was riding.

Good luck; hope that helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you mean free play in the pull of the clutch, there is a big silver knob just after where the clutch lever meets the clutch perch. turn that until it tightens to where you want it. you want a little bit of slack, so dont over tighten it. 1/8 inch of play between the lever and perch is plenty.

·
Registered
972 Posts
snuglove said:
Hey. I have a question. Total newb question. I have a lot of free play in my clutch lever. How do I tighten up the clutch tether?
Go read your owners manual while your at. All sorts of good stuff in there. You can also adjust it at the clutch if your lever is out of room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts