R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

tryin to bring it up in first and my height is very unpredicitable. The only way i can get it to come up is hitting 13k, rolling off, then back on the throttle, is this normal. My bike is screaming, seems like there should be an easier way.

I appreciate the help.

Jess

·
Registered
143 Posts
k00laidy said:
will do, thanks

any other suggestions would be appreciated

Bike has enough torque to bring the front end down quick enough without the rearbrake, especially in first, obviously he's just starting wheelies so power wheelies is the only option for "beginning stunters" no offense....

Don't worry about the rear brake yet, even if you we're covering the brake, your reaction times are way quicker to let off the throttle yet alone hit the brake

I used to start my wheelies at about 20mph in first... The bike will do it, come from a stop, accelerate slowly, hit about 25 mph to start, let off quick hammer it quick. Have fun

·
Registered
143 Posts
oh, try to keep the arms straight, and if you feel it's necassary pull up a little bit, shouldn't be necassary though

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Definetely true about the less gas, eventually it won't matter, but when you are first learning it makes all the difference in the world.

You shouldn't have to be at 13k when you bring it up, as soon as you do bring it up, you'll bounce off the rev limiter and come down hard, not good for the forks.

Right now don't worry about how high they are, worry about riding them out longer and getting used to having the front end up. ONLY you'll know when you're ready to start trying second, thats when the fun begins.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
First has so much engine braking, even if you come PAST the BP you can still come back, because the RPM's will be high. Not to mention, at this stage, she'll probably come 1/2 way to the BP and lose her shit, that's how we all started....

In second, you are going faster, it takes more concentration/technique to bring it up, and there is less engine braking. I suggest learning in first.

·
Registered
886 Posts
elusive said:
First has so much engine braking, even if you come PAST the BP you can still come back, because the RPM's will be high. Not to mention, at this stage, she'll probably come 1/2 way to the BP and lose her shit, that's how we all started....

In second, you are going faster, it takes more concentration/technique to bring it up, and there is less engine braking. I suggest learning in first.

give an exact how to in 1st...

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
you guys are so retarded... "yeah get going arround your power band and let off the gas and then slam it back into wide open throttle" that has to be the stupidest Advice EVER. don't get all butt hurt cause im pointing out the truth.. power wheelie'n is thee stupidest thing u can do. the easiest way to learn wheelies is the clutch, its really simple and more predictable... think about this, what do you do more

#1 : Use the clutch
#2 : Hit Wide open throttle

this is just a simple example of why useing the clutch is more natural then power wheelie'n if u want to learn get into secound gear and hold a steady rpm like say 6k rpm and sit in that rpm for a couple of secounds and simply pullin in your clutch for a secound and let it slip out of yor fingers and wha laa you will feel a jolt of power delieverd to your rear wheel. now continue to get use to the jolt with out bringing up[ your front wheel. you want to get consistant with delivering the same amount of power (bring in the clutch and letting it out at the same time) like hitting the same rpm note every time u slip it back out. this will prepare you to get use to the g force of what your upper body will expierence. practice that for a while then start holding in the clutch alittle longer n longer till that front wheel comes of the ground.. you may look and feel like a douche for alittle while but its better then looping your bike out power wheelien... NO such thing as good power wheelie advice.. thats like giving advice on how to drive drunk...

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
wheeliest said:
you guys are so retarded... "yeah get going arround your power band and let off the gas and then slam it back into wide open throttle" that has to be the stupidest Advice EVER. don't get all butt hurt cause im pointing out the truth.. power wheelie'n is thee stupidest thing u can do. the easiest way to learn wheelies is the clutch, its really simple and more predictable... think about this, what do you do more

#1 : Use the clutch
#2 : Hit Wide open throttle

this is just a simple example of why useing the clutch is more natural then power wheelie'n if u want to learn get into secound gear and hold a steady rpm like say 6k rpm and sit in that rpm for a couple of secounds and simply pullin in your clutch for a secound and let it slip out of yor fingers and wha laa you will feel a jolt of power delieverd to your rear wheel. now continue to get use to the jolt with out bringing up[ your front wheel. you want to get consistant with delivering the same amount of power (bring in the clutch and letting it out at the same time) like hitting the same rpm note every time u slip it back out. this will prepare you to get use to the g force of what your upper body will expierence. practice that for a while then start holding in the clutch alittle longer n longer till that front wheel comes of the ground.. you may look and feel like a douche for alittle while but its better then looping your bike out power wheelien... NO such thing as good power wheelie advice.. thats like giving advice on how to drive drunk...
youre an idiot.
for some one starting out, dicking around in first for a week is a good idea before working in higher speeds in second. YES clutching up is the best way, yes first is dangerous, but for some one trying to just get used to the basic feeling of the front end coming up, i would reccmomend first gear for a few days, and then once youre confident that you wont flip out at 50 mph move to second which is safer and easier in my opinion. Dont be a dick.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts