R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
123 HP
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for red to blue chameleon paint. Does anyone know what company makes the best red to clue chameleon? Right now im stuck on the House of Color paint but its like $280 a pint. I dont mind spending the money i just wanna make sure i get the best quality paint i can.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
You won't get any cheaper than that. I painted a 6-foot rocket in TSA (long time ago) with stuff like that and it was $320 a pint

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear

I'm guessing that most of people not in the business don't know that color shifting paint is not the newest thing out. Let me just start by saying that I am a painter and am certified in PPG and PPG tinting. So anyway you should check into this website called alsacorp.com they have paints not that reacts to heat. But if you wanna stay w/ flip they sell that too for $240 a pint, just don't be mad at me when flip goes out of style in 2yrs. What ever you go w/ stay with that system, don't cross hose of color w/ ppg or anything like that. Have ne ?'s just ask

·
ARE OH IN IN WHY
1,177 Posts
IMO house of color is a great company. I have a book of their colors and they are awesome and I have heard great things about their paints also. My dad used to flop between house of color and PPG.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Dupont is the best looking flip, i have PPG harloquite (sp) on my civic, purple to orange, fucking waste of money that was, it has to be 80 degress outside with the moon at 1/4 degree angle, with sun at full mast, jesus praying for my paint to flip decent.

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
Faster Integra said:
Dupont is the best looking flip, i have PPG harloquite (sp) on my civic, purple to orange, fucking waste of money that was, it has to be 80 degress outside with the moon at 1/4 degree angle, with sun at full mast, jesus praying for my paint to flip decent.
the paint is only as good as the person that applied it. i've never used the stuff myself but my experience tells me there is more to applying the paint than the painter knew about. could have been it was'nt mixed enough. or the use of the wrong top coat or primers or reducer

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Remember one thing you pay for what you get. Also the truth about Chameleon paint is that it does lose its fade properties after a while. It does look like shit after it fades. If your going to spend the cash do it right. I moon light as a painter on the weekends and for Friends. I used HOK, ALSA for color changing paints they are the best and will last about 10 times longer than any other color shifting paint. Your best bet would be to get something that does not shift so drastic if you want it to last. ie. Light green to blue. Its your bike and your money don't go cheap and make sure that the person that is shooting it know how to paint with chameleon.........................................................:thumbup

http://www.alsacorp.com/

L34tHoL-R6 said:
I am looking for red to blue chameleon paint. Does anyone know what company makes the best red to clue chameleon? Right now im stuck on the House of Color paint but its like $280 a pint. I dont mind spending the money i just wanna make sure i get the best quality paint i can.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
serpentracer said:
the paint is only as good as the person that applied it. i've never used the stuff myself but my experience tells me there is more to applying the paint than the painter knew about. could have been it was'nt mixed enough. or the use of the wrong top coat or primers or reducer
it was a reputalbe custom paint shop...they acctually warned me about the PPG, but i ignored it cause i wanted the hotness flip paint cheap! reduced 1/16th i think, dont quote me, used a black base coat, etc...just cheap paint is what it is...

·
123 HP
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im putting the red to blue chameleon on black. Anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with on the black and clear coat? i was thinkin of using the same type gloss black as stock from color rite. Is that a good idea? Anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Doesnt really matter what color shift paint you use. The 7 basic tint colors are all made by the same company. Alsa is about the only one that doesnt use these tints. Alsa has some really neat stuff, but their customer service is the worst!! Also it doesnt really matter which brand you go with as long as you put a good clear over the top!

+1 color shifting has been done, and overdone! Looks kinda neat for accents, or graphics, but a whole bike is way too gimmicky!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts