R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having bought this wrecked raven off of a buddy....it had been over 2 months just been in my gargage. The front wheel was bent finally got a new wheel on and took her for a spin. I was scared that the forks might have been tweaked a little but it handled great. Is there anything i should look for to see if they are tweaked? anyway i got the bike for hella cheap, since his insurance had totaled it. I just need a right rearset now and its perfect, aside from all the rashed plastics and dent in the tank(perfect in the sense of driving it)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Computrack is awesome!! But, in my opinion, I wouldn't spend the money. Loosen your triple, not so much as to have the forks fall out, and give em a good shake. If anything, at that low a speed, your triple may have been knocked out of line, making it appear as if the forks were tweaked. I do speak from some expirience, I crashed my 00 at Barber last year at 120 mph, I work on commercial aircraft for a living. All I did was take the forks out, measure, put them back in and shook out the triple. All my damage was front end and rear end(bike and I tumbled end over). I took some measurements and concluded the frame was straight. Albeit, GMD is MUCH better, but all I did was basically the same, minus the lasers and the EXTREME precision. Been to 5 trackdays and bunches of mountain runs, NO PROBS!!!! The choice is yours in the end, GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for the advice turn 1....they never really looked tweaked, everything looks straight....it's just like one of those doubts in my head type of thing. I went up to some back twisty roads, and it rides exactly like my ohter friends 03 (his has never been in a wreck) so that makes me feel a lot better.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
MickGP said:
hey thanks for the advice turn 1....they never really looked tweaked, everything looks straight....it's just like one of those doubts in my head type of thing. I went up to some back twisty roads, and it rides exactly like my ohter friends 03 (his has never been in a wreck) so that makes me feel a lot better.

Had the same prob, and it seemed that it was in my head as well.. I did, however, drop the forks and have them measured just to make sure.. It was $15 at my dealer and all they did was rotate them and run a dial guag(i think thats the one) over them. IMO well worth the peace of mind that it offers. Also, when i dropped them, it allowed me to check the tripple and make sure it wasnt rotated a little...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts