R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
ChemiKaze said:
http://www.blackbeangames.com/?act=games&game=sbk07

World SBK 07 is coming out to PAL PS2, PSP, PC, and XBOX 360!!

I played the riding challenge game they had and it is one tough yet quite realistic game.. This may just be the game that will convince me to get the 360.. coz we all know that the thq mgp game is a bit ... hmm.. lousy
That linked is blocked at work. When's the release date? And GP '06 for the 360 sucks at first. Once you get the hang of it, it's a real good game. Part of the challenge is staying on the track. I recently beat it on legend difficulty and I barely took the championship. Won by like 12 points.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
TT was too much like GT. Thats what drew me away from it.

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
That looks very much like a PAL-only release...

MotoGP '06 is great for the graphics and the tracks, physics are pretty decent too, good weight to the bikes, realistic braking, being able to shift your weight on the bike, - but it could have been better. It's still a little too "arcadey" for my likes. They also really need to match the bikes/tracks to the actual MotoGP times. Posting times 20 secs quicker per lap around some circuits then real-life shows you just how arcadey it is at times. And is it just me or do the riders heads seem to big on replays?

MotoGP '04 is the best bike game out there as far as I'm concerned for physics. The graphics are unfortunately lacking but finally a motorcycle game that rewards skill, and fine control. Mash the accelerater through a turn and the rear will step out and high-side you to oblivion. Put the right pressure on the stick, and watch the tire spin-up all the way through the corner to perfection, giving you a perfect drive, just like on the highlight reels. The game also had terriffic feedback from the front wheel, and you could actually sense when you were "pushing" the front, as it would start to slide, and give you a chance to manage it/save it, instead of just pitching you in the dirt automatically like other games.

The other really cool thing is if you were on the pace, your lap times were within tenths of the real riders on the real tracks. Last year during race weekend at Motegi I played as Nicky Hayden for a night and put together like 35 laps over the course of an hour on the Motegi track, and I was within Hayden's actual FP2 time that day by 2 tenths of a second. Too bad by the time the game actual got released it was already 2 seasons behind in terms of teams/riders. (I waited for my reserved copy 7 months from it's initial "release date" while developers hastily added an online mode for the games North American release)

Also the game had no gay catch-up features. Eek out a tenth a lap on the computer and that's what you have by the end of the race - no times when the computer just "decides to win" and picks up the pace. Great Game.

Tourist Trophy was gorgeous graphically, but the bike physics were disgraceful. They used the same engine they used in Turismo. It felt like I was driving a car except there was a bike on the screen instead. The game didn't capture the brutal acceleartion of any of the literbikes, and braking was about as realistic as Ilmor winning the '07 constructors title. By far the best looking game on the last-generation consoles though. It felt like a waste. I wanted to mash TT and MotoGP together to make the perfect game.

I liked the Superbike TT games a lot. Very challenging to get a hold of the way the bikes handle (especially coming from the MotoGP series) but the course was challenging and the graphics were decent. Bike mechanics were realistic, with the turn-in of the bikes being noticebably quicker at lower speeds (taking a lot of getting used to !) The Isle of Mann circuit is very well rendered and like the actual circuit you get to learn to know which parts of the road you need to take and which ones to avoid (they rendered the bumps in too) Another Great Game.

I hope they kick up the realism in '07 but I really don't think they will. At least they have the latest teams/riders/bikes. Which is always nice to have. If Madden and NHL can have yearly roster updates why shouldn't we?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Release is PS2 PAL and PSP (which is worldwide UMD) in May 07.. 360 and PC in Sep 07..
I might just import the PSP version.. and if they sell it locally for the 360 and i enjoyed the psp, i just will be convinced to buy the 360..
the truth is i don't think namco will release motogp for ps3... they might do another ps2 release

·
NEED4SPEED!!
939 Posts
if you put Motogp 06 and Tourist Trophy together that would be the bomb game!!! the realizm of TT and the racing action of Motogp!! that would be sick, i hope that Motogp 07 is just as good, and i hope they come out with TT 2.0. but of the two i like TT. more realistic.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
sihondalove said:
the realizm of TT and the racing action of Motogp!!
You can't be serious. TT missed the mark by a mile as far as realism. Gorgeous game. Dissapointing gameplay - Gran Turismo all over again. No fun when your R6 handles like a Lotus.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MackeR6 said:
You can't be serious. TT missed the mark by a mile as far as realism. Gorgeous game. Dissapointing gameplay - Gran Turismo all over again. No fun when your R6 handles like a Lotus.
I agree that altho TT is slow but compared to GT, it is much better, I traded in my GT in about a week after getting it... TT was super boring with only three other bikes and the AI posed no threat after passing them. but 360's motogp is really really whack by what you said above... no one seems to get it really spot on but superbike challenge was pretty good except on PS2.. the graphics are lousy.. maybe it'll be better on the 360 and i hope they can improve on the physics too.. it ain't the best but at least it is acceptable with up-to-date graphics... obviously, there is no hope for thq coming out with good physics and there is no hope that namco will come out with up-to-date graphics with their stupid "I'm Japanese.. it has to be perfect" mentality.

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
ChemiKaze said:
obviously, there is no hope for thq coming out with good physics and there is no hope that namco will come out with up-to-date graphics with their stupid "I'm Japanese.. it has to be perfect" mentality.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Namco just got bought by Bandai, so they're having a big shake-up and can't seem to get their shit together.

THQ keeps trying to sell me arcade-style MotoGP racing. That's all well and good if they want to go that route in the "extreme" mode, but when it comes to GP racing it should be as realistic as possible. No one wants to play a Need For Speed style motorcycle game with GP bikes. You don't see them doing that with the F1 games - why MotoGP?

Take the graphics of '06, the mechanics and track layouts (ie: realistic lap times) of MotoGP 4, and cram them togther with the teams/riders reasonably up-to-date and I'd pay through the nose.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts