R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, is it safe (and/or necessary) to run fuel injector cleaner that you'd use on a car through our bikes..

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
um ive used it several times with no problems. just dont put the hole bottle in the tank. use less than a quarter of it.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Well, the first thing is, I guess you should use it if you put 30,000mi on a year like cars do... with the limited mileage most people put on, you'd never clog an injector because you just arent running that much gas thru it.

I'm sure there are other reasons, just cant remember them right now...

GO GA.TECH!!! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thrak said:
Well, the first thing is, I guess you should use it if you put 30,000mi on a year like cars do... with the limited mileage most people put on, you'd never clog an injector because you just arent running that much gas thru it.

I'm sure there are other reasons, just cant remember them right now...

GO GA.TECH!!! :D
i would say if i wasn't putting many miles on the bike i would want to run it through so that it helps get any of the crap that the fuel is leaving behind and letting it build up since it's not being run through. i have seen fuel gum up things in the past. so me i would run it either way. but only a portion of the bottle no more than a 1/4 of it. as a bottle is normally ment for about 16-22 gal.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm using FP60 by LubeControl. It's one of the few things that do work to improve combustion efficiency and clean out the fuel system. My bike is now running alot smoother and the black carbon deposits at the endcan has all but disappear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts