R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put some frame sliders on my 02 6.

Will I need to make a hole in each fairing? If so, where at exactly? Can someone post a picture of theirs with sliders so I can see? Thanks :thumbup

·
He be beastin
1,458 Posts
Take off your lower fairings, and mount your frame sliders. Put some gum on the end of the sliders and put the fairings back on where they would go. Take them off and make the hole where the gum is. Simple as that.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
karonic said:
Take off your lower fairings, and mount your frame sliders. Put some gum on the end of the sliders and put the fairings back on where they would go. Take them off and make the hole where the gum is. Simple as that.
So I would be cutting the lower fairings and not the mids? For some reason I thought I'd be cutting the mids.

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
On my 02 99% of the cut was on the mids. however you end up doing just a little bit of trimming of the lower as well. Instead of gum consider some silly putty stuck to the fairing in the general area of the slider. then you can use the imprint of the slider in the putty as your guide. Because the slider will hold the fairing "out" a little from the fairings normal position that means the mark will actually be a little high/back from where the hole really needs to be cut. About 1/8" at most. So adjust your hole saw placement accordingly. How mcuh adjustment you need really depends on the size of the hole saw and just hose "tight" you are trying to make the fit. The sloppier fit you are willing to accept the less you have to worry about any minor misalignments. I ended up using a dremal a the first side, and got the 2nd side dead on once I learned the above lesson :)

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
http://sportbikeguy.com/garage/floor/frameslider.html

This How-To should be more benficial to you. It's half on an '00 R6 and half on a CBR- I used this one for my Vortex Sliders on my '00. I used a holesaw for mine. I found using a holesaw made a very clean, very round hole - they turned out perfect. I just drilled a very small pilot hole to start to make sure I was on track. Measure twice cut once - it's easier then you think. On mine the cut is so close it looks factory. I actually have to do some maneuvering to get the panels off the slider. You will have to shave a bit off of the top part of your lower as there's a piece that overlaps in behind that needs to be shaved a bit for a good fit. PM me if you have any questions - I might be able to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts