R6 Message Net banner

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
well i just saw the hammilton heAder exchage so im going to go with that and the laser X. should be better.
lol bottom line is do whatever you need to to get those on! :hyper

if it were me i'd try mid mount them and get the bottom pipe lined with with the swing arm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol bottom line is do whatever you need to to get those on! :hyper
Well the dude with the hammilton header said any slip-on will fit. the laser X fits factory pipe and slips on. So I really dont think there will be a problem. Ill take the baffles out and should sound freaking crazy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just shortend my new akrapovic exhaust by 11 inches. I really love the new sound not too loud but way deeper. and better looking

·
Registered
15 Posts
suggestions?

I have a black 05 R6 with that very attractive stock pipe. I just got the bike and i dont know how that pipe survived as long as it has. I like short pipes, like the HR1 riot and the werkes gp style, but I've read that the Riot is nuts loud and the youtube videos of the werkes sound a little rough. I want loud but I don't want so loud that I irritate the cops anymore than I already have.
I think the riot has my favorite sound but thats just from youtube vids and those arent always reliable.
Any suggestions? Any other pipes I'm missing? Is there another way to get a short pipe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a few questions.

I have a 2004 Yamaha R6YZF. MODS on it so far is a K&H air filter and Toce (pretty much straight pipe).

now my problem is that I'm having a big bad throttle response. will a power commander fix that? I really don't want to spend 300 to 400 on a power commander.

is there any way I can fix that really bad throttle response without a power commander or getting a slip-on?

581 - 589 of 589 Posts