R6 Message Net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasssup members,

I have a question. Has anybody installed an 08-09 Akrapovic Full Exhaust (Evo or Race) system on a 06-07 R6 (not the s-type)? Would the headers and canister be the same for both models as far as fit? Does anybody know if the 08-09 version make a difference to the bike, performance-wise? Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you for your time.

·
AFM #930
466 Posts
Yes they will fit. Interestingly enough the 08/09 R6 exhausts will fit the 06/07 R6's fine with no issues. Unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse. Since they revamped the bodywork in '08, the exhausts from an 06/07 model actually sits too close to the lowers on the '08+ bikes and therefore melts them.

So with this said, you're good to go.:thumbup Oh and as far as HP gains they are going to be the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes they will fit. Interestingly enough the 08/09 R6 exhausts will fit the 06/07 R6's fine with no issues. Unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse. Since they revamped the bodywork in '08, the exhausts from an 06/07 model actually sits too close to the lowers on the '08+ bikes and therefore melts them.

So with this said, you're good to go.:thumbup Oh and as far as HP gains they are going to be the same.
Hi, i have a yamaha R6 from 2006. And i also wanted to know if the akrapovic header for a 2008 model will fit my 2006 model. I just want to make sure your reply was ment for the akrapovic header and not the original r6 exhaust? Best regards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a yamaha R6 from 2006. And i also wanted to know if the akrapovic header for a 2008 model will fit my 2006 model. I just want to make sure these replies where ment for the akrapovic header and not the original r6 exhaust? Best regards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts