R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got my first back this season, and early on in the season it got dropped, unfortantly, not even by me, but by a friend. So the exhaust took some damage to it, and the bracket got bent. I have a 2003 r6, with a high mount exhaust, and the exhaust was bent so much it was hitting the tail fairing. I took the bracket off, which was holding the fairing to the exhaust, and this let the exhaust lower just a bit so it wasnt touching the tail fairing. I left it like this for a while, never bothered to bent the bracket back (bad idea...) and I tried to do it today, when I realized that my high mount has been moving slightly, and now the bracket doesnt even come close to holding the exhaust. Infact the exhaust has moved so much that it is touching my license plate and is about 2 inches from touching my tire, which is not great...

anyone know how i can bend the metal back?

·
Two Wheel Whore.
97 Posts
i would assume that it needs to be heated up to be bent back. if this doesnt work, id just get a new exhaust (not a high mount) so it doesnt interfere/get in the way. ive also heard that the high mounts can get in the way of your feet b/c of the way the pipe has to bend up to go so high.

pictures would also help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts