R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think this has been discussed before, i searched and found nothing. I am wanting to buy Evans coolant, but i have a few questions. Is anyone running this?? I read the FAQ's on their wbsite an i am confused a little.

"Question: Does the engine block need to be drained? ..Why?

Answer: YES! This is the most common mistake when converting to NPG. NPG is not mixed with anything. The Engine Block, Radiator and Heater Core MUST BE EMPTY. The block alone holds 1/2 the capacity of the cooling system liquid. Draining the radiator in the average American V8 leaves 2 gallons of coolant in the engine block. "

Does this apply to motorcycles(sorry i only know basic engine knowlegde)? BUt then this question kinda contradics itself.

"Question: Is NPG a "DRAIN AND FILL" product?
Answer: If your system already has the effective flow rates needed to run with NPG, the answer is YES. Unfortunately, most vehicles, with the possible exception of large heavy duty engines and motorcycles, need some sort of modifications to establish the necessary flow rates required for effective operation with NPG. However, in most cases NPG+ (not to be confused with our older NPG) is a drain and fill product."

If someone how has used this stuff please advise me in the right direction. Thanks Alot!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re:

First of all, the thermostat determines the operating temperature. The coolant is just a heat conducting medium, and there may be differences in heat transfer properties of various coolants, maybe useful in racing situations. But, there's nothing wrong with good old fashioned coolant, why spend the bucks on something that's not necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts