R6 Message Net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were trying to install my speedohealer and somehow during the install we got these codes flashing. We tried to disconnect the battery to reset it but nothing happened. We know this has something to do with the ECU and it has to be reset, but is there anyway to do that without taking it to the dealer or a mechanic???

I have found what the codes mean, but I cant get into Diagnostic mode for some reason to erase the codes....??? SOMEONE HELP!!!???

·
Registered
5 Posts
ECU

Well i did the same thing... you sent power through your spped sensor instead of the speedohealer the exact same thing i did you will have to hook up the power wire right then BUY A NEW ECU good luck with that i tried forever to get one i ended up winning 2 on ebay if you need one i still got my extra they are freakin $1200 from yamaha so needless to say i kicked myself in the ass after [email protected]&ing up. sorry about this happening to you i know how shitty it feels.

·
Ghost rider's brother.
424 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you don't need to buy a new ecu.. I jumped the bike with a SUV V8 opposite direction and the ECU was still working.. .. one time, i thought my ecu was burnt but realized that it was server motor fuse..

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is what I did. I connected the red wire of the speedohealer to the license plate light. I don't have the stock fender on my bike so it was few to use. I cut the female/male connector from the fender and wired it to the speedohealer. Plug everything in you should be good to go.

Side note: You will be able to adjust your speedo light. You need to unplug it to adjust it. Also mine has been acting weird lately. I think my power cord is messed up. Sometimes my speedo won't work and i'll read 100mph when i'm going 40mph.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here's a email from speedohealer.

My ORIGINAL EMAIL
I purchased a speedohealer from performanceautogroup.net little under 2 years ago. The company no longer exist. The speedohealer has been acting up lately on my 2006 R6. When I have the speedohealer in the cluster won't let me change the dim light. Also sometimes my speedo would just fail and give me a 42 ECU code. Which stands for my speedo senor failure. Is there anything I can do about this?
Their Response
lease disconnect the SH from the 4p connector before you change the dim
light.

The second problem sounds like there's a loose contact:

1. Disconnect the 3p and 4p connectors and check whether the pins are broken
or pushed out of position.
Spray some WD40 into the 3p and 4p connectors (even if the surfaces look
ok).
Unplug/plug-in the connectors a few times.

2. Make sure that all connections are good and the connectors are fully
seated.

3. Re-locate the SH box, farther from other electronic devices such as the
bike's ECU or a Power Commander.

4. Re-route the SH harness on a different path, preferably along the frame.
If you have a Power Commander installed, don't route the two harnesses on
the same path.

5. Do not bend the SH harness over 45 degrees at the 4p SH connector.
Otherwise the pins don't have a solid contact and may break over time.

6. Tighten the SH box and harness to a solid part of the bike, to minimize
vibrations and cable stress.

========

When you are done, please execute the SH input and output tests as follows:
- Set the 1st (and only) SH switch On
- Turn the ignition On
The LED blinks once, and the speedometer should indicate a steady speed.
Now, rotate the rear wheel. The SH LED should be blinking as the wheel
turns.

I hope this helps, and please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
/Norbert
HealTech Electronics

·
Registered
5 Posts
oooooooooookkkkkkkkkk

if you hooked the red wire up backwards and send 12v to your speed sensor it fried your ecu because i did this and believe me if i didnt need one i wouldnt have bought one and from the looks of this thats what you did hook the speedo healer up right by sending power to the box not the 3p connector and buy an ecu i bet my ass you will need an ecu.........

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there anyway to test the ECU to make sure it works???? Its weird that it wont let me get into diagnostic mode...As I was working on it, it actually started for a few seconds then killed....it wouldnt be able to start if the ECU was bad would it?

·
Registered
295 Posts
is it still under warranty? If it is, pull everything out and bring it to the shop.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, its under warranty.....this wouldnt be covered would it???

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha....uh I dunno know what happened...I went to start it and these codes came on....

haha

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
Liek said above play dumb take it in

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took it in today. He said it will most likely be covered under my warranty. I will find out tommorow and keep you guys updated. Hopefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ECU

Well i did the same thing... you sent power through your spped sensor instead of the speedohealer the exact same thing i did you will have to hook up the power wire right then BUY A NEW ECU good luck with that i tried forever to get one i ended up winning 2 on ebay if you need one i still got my extra they are freakin $1200 from yamaha so needless to say i kicked myself in the ass after [email protected]&ing up. sorry about this happening to you i know how shitty it feels.
K so as we speak my boyfriend is trying to get his bike to start after taking out old egnition and putting in a new one and removing the new one Cause he thought he put it in wrong and that isn't it there is and error code 1 and 2 that comes up in the bike as well... What could I advise him to do so he stops stressing about it pls help me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts