R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help AHHHHH This is the second time this has happend! I am getting code 46 from the ecu on my 03'. Now the bike wont start. I took it to the dealer last time and after 3 weeks they still couldnt really tell me what was wrong but that it was "fixed" well obviously not. Does anyone know what the 46 code means? please :help

·
Registered
228 Posts
46- power supply to the FI system relay is not normal,

probable cause of malfuction:

1. open circuit in wiring harness (red/blue line )
2.malfunction in charging system

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cyclepilot2 said:
46- power supply to the FI system relay is not normal,

probable cause of malfuction:

1. open circuit in wiring harness (red/blue line)
2.malfunction in charging system

what do you mean red blue line?

·
Registered
228 Posts
it also says " faulty battery". check the connections, your battery isn't dead is it?
red/red wire= between battery and main switch
brown/blue=between main switch and fuse
red /white=between fuse(ignition) and ECU

my suggestion is to download the service manual and go down the list trouble shooting starting with the battery, did you do some type of service on it recently?
it sounds like something may just be loose.

**Edit , oh shit its the red/ white, NOT Red/blue. sorry its late :myfault

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an '03 R6 that is doing the same thing. a friend told me his bike was doing the same thing and it was because he was "sitting" on the gas tank while stunting. I asked the guy i got my bike from and he had been sitting on the gas tank. The power supply for the fuel injector goes into the bottom of the gas tank so they have probably been crushed. Now the starter relay assembly (the thing that is right next to the battery with the two fuses in it) is making a buzzing noise instead of starting the bike. The display dies sometimes and then the bike dies while i'm riding down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts