R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the online manuals we have in the "how-to" section have the error code descriptions ? I looks through the Race manual and the regualr manual and I can't find anything.

I recently was at the track, rode a good hard morning session, went to go back out after 45 minutes, and bike would start, and die, start and die........you could keep it going if I kept the revs above 5000 but it was choppy and running like shit. Error code 20 appeared, which is "Atmopshoeric intake pressure........something something"

I check all the connections everywhere, everything was connected.

After starting and starting, and disconnecting the battery a couple times, it went away and I rode another session without it happening.

The only thing I can think of is a faulty sensor, or the fact that my ram air wasnt hooked up. Any ideas ?

·
F3 to R6 to 675...Whooah!
483 Posts
That fault code is on page 7-16 of the service manual (for the 03 R6). It's showing a faulty atmospheric pressure sensor or intake air pressure sensor. Check diagnotic codes 02 and 03.

The intake air pressure sensor (about $9.00) is sticking out of the left side of the air box. The atmospheric pressure sensor (about $105.00!!) is on the right side of the bike right under the seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do any of the online manuals we have in the "how-to" section have the error code descriptions ? I looks through the Race manual and the regualr manual and I can't find anything.

I recently was at the track, rode a good hard morning session, went to go back out after 45 minutes, and bike would start, and die, start and die........you could keep it going if I kept the revs above 5000 but it was choppy and running like shit. Error code 20 appeared, which is "Atmopshoeric intake pressure........something something"

I check all the connections everywhere, everything was connected.

After starting and starting, and disconnecting the battery a couple times, it went away and I rode another session without it happening.

The only thing I can think of is a faulty sensor, or the fact that my ram air wasnt hooked up. Any ideas ?
That fault code is on page 7-16 of the service manual (for the 03 R6). It's showing a faulty atmospheric pressure sensor or intake air pressure sensor. Check diagnotic codes 02 and 03.

The intake air pressure sensor (about $9.00) is sticking out of the left side of the air box. The atmospheric pressure sensor (about $105.00!!) is on the right side of the bike right under the seat.
Are there any hose connected to the atmospheric sensor? If so where does it connect to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts