R6 Message Net banner

281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same sh#$'s happening with my bike. I took it to the dealership but they can't figure out what's wrong. My idle is erratic when engine's warmed up. When the engine's hot, the bike will stall everytime the clutch is pulled (throttle released). So what's the deal with this???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Problem Fix

First Question to you is, do you have aftermarket exhaust... Sometimes it will cause a backflow problem and cause it to die after it warms up.

Secondly I own an 06 R6, my friend use to have an 03 R6 and this problem happened to him Yamaha realeased a faulty ECU that had to be replaced, Once that was done bike was fixed, You also might want to buy a PC3 for the 03 it might help.

Good Luck.

·
duurty south
15 Posts
I am really wondering if this is all related to that ignition coil problem... and this is just early symptoms
i had the same loss of power, electrical problem with my 03.. there is a service bulliten on the denso coils, if you take it to your dealer and tell them about it they should fill out a service recall and you will get all new ignition coils from mitsubichi. the denso coils have prolems with the insulation allowing electricity to arc through them to the cylinder head and burning them up, which also pulls more than enough electricity they really need, draining your battery..:hattip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same Stalling Problem

I'm about to go pick up my bike today from the mechanics since he wasn't able to figure anything out. The only thing that throws a kink into everyone's suggestion is that once I stall, all I have to do is open my gas tank and then it starts right back up. If I don't do that, it will not restart. It's as if it's pulling a vacuum, but we've checked everything.

I'm at a loss... I haven't really been riding for a year now. I want my money back!!!

Where do we go from here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
r6 2005

Hi,
i know, it's old thread, but maybe some one could answer to my question.
about 3 weeks i get 2005 r6 with ~8k miles.
everything was ok, until this weekend, after some ride on mountainous roads, i got this problem, it repeats about 7-9 times in 20 kilometers.
when i jest return to normal road it jest gone.
i have read all posts in this thread, i have checked all other things that could bring to this problem, and i don't find that some connectors or meters had any problems.
so... at this moment i'm thinking that problem is in PCIII usb.
But i have connected PCIII to computer and in powercommander software don't get any errors.
So my question is, maybe some one from you, who had this problem with PCIII, maybe has try to connect PCIII to computer and checked for errors, before returning PCIII to dynojet ?
I'm not sure, if i don't see any errors in PCIII can it still have some problems ?

in next weekend i will try disconnect PCIII and repeate all trip on the same mountainous roads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
K peeps!!

To contribute to the thread.

I just got contacted by my service dept and this is what they have arrived at and fixed:

After the problem got worse I took it in for service to get the TPS replaced (still under warranty). About a week or two later, the sh*t hit the fan and it just went down hill.

Now the bike has been at the shop since 4/27. At first they were going to replace the ECU and hope that would've made a difference. However, after having problems with the distributor giving the shop the runaround on providing the ECU (still under Yamaha's 5 year warranty) they decided to check the TPS again and also the air intake screws.

They adjusted the throttle bodies, intakes and also the intake screws and such. They ran the bike as I would the past couple of days and they have told me its working like its a new bike. Of course after I pick it up tomorrow we'll see if the problem has been solved but this is one thing that maybe if all else fails could be adjusted. My mechanic told me that the adjustment screws were BARELY open. Which meant they air intake was not getting any air into the throttle bodies/intakes. They have since adjusted it and along with the new TPS it apparently works and runs like it should have.

Now I didn't read the rest of the thread because I'm hella excited to finally (and hopefully solve) the problem with this bike and hope this helps ya'll in finding out what may be the problem in your rides as well. It looks like maybe the screws were set incorrectly coming from the factory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As of today, I haven't removed the PCIII yet from my bike. And the problem is still there, stalls just after warming up to about 125 degrees, then when its revved to 4k and then the throttle is cut--instead of idling at 1300 it just dies.

Am going to remove the PCIII today and see if that does anything. However I'm not confident that the problem will go away. Still also having issues with the throttle by wire. It lags especially coming from a dead stop.

I still think its a problem with the ECU yet no one has the balls to just swap it out first. Yet on the otherhand they gotta go through every fraqin' component before swapping that out which would take me until the 5 year ext warranty expires...*rolls eyes*

to be continued...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alright peeps!!

I've got GOOOD NEWS!!

So most of you know I've been having this stalling problem since March of '08.

Took in the ride one more time on 9/12. The dealership adjusted the intakes and throttle bodies. They found that the gap was not up to spec. I think they said it was supposed to be within 9000ths (I could be wrong here but you get the pic) but found that it was 10000ths of an inch which let in more fuel/air (I'm still trying to understand the mechanics of the system so please bear with me). They also found a small leak in the air intake system and patched that up, re-checked the TPS.

The bike WORKS LIKE A CHAMP NOW!! Like it should have in the beginning. I don't have any issues with stalling or throttle lag. I can now start up my bike from full cold to about 140 degrees (while I'm putting on my gear) and pull out of the garage and to the first stop sign/intersection without the engine cutting off/dying out. The throttle response now is a dream. I can now "blip" the throttle without having to worry about throttle lag.

So I would suggest if you haven't had the intakes/throttle bodies, fuel system double checked for precise measurements get it done. Hopefully this may solve a good many issues with the '07 YZF R6Vs like mine.

So far its been a week and a half and I'm so happy to have the bike work the way it does.

Good Luck folks!!

Oh BTW I don't have the PCIII installed, its basically all stock. I'm thinking about re-installing the PCIII. I've also noticed that my gas mileage has improved slightly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like it could also be the throttle position sensor(s) might not be in spec, especially if it is cutting out at lights when you get off the throttle

·
Registered
42 Posts
i don't know this would help, i got this problem for a very long time, change lots of thing you name it. My bike die on me if i rev it to 9000 rpm. i just change the kill switch the reason is while riding there is no contact at the kill switch contact. until now i dont have any more problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fixed! (well mine is) - I last posted on this 11/7/2007 about my 05 R6 dying after coming off the freeways (sometimes). A quick ignition off with the key and back on would resolve it. Been dealing with it for 2 years and finally got figured it out (2010). Was talking to a new mechanic in my area and he said its probably because of the inconsistent temperatures (micro-climates) where we live. He said my idle is probably low when your engine is warm. Came to him to replace one of my rotors and he upped the idle (which I could of just done being accessible on the right side).

Almost 4 years later it never has died! Nothing has been changed (cept for oil changes). The idle by no means was running low initially. But a few RPMs up it seems to have been resolved!

Hope this may help others.

·
I'm a Rider
3 Posts
2011 R6 Same Issue

Same sh#$'s happening with my bike. I took it to the dealership but they can't figure out what's wrong. My idle is erratic when engine's warmed up. When the engine's hot, the bike will stall everytime the clutch is pulled (throttle released). So what's the deal with this???
I'm having this same type of issue with my R6, and i can't seem to figure out what the issue is?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a new TPS For my 03' R6 (2nd time) Last one was replaced on warranty through a Yamaha dealer. (about 3,000) miles ago... Ran into the same issue again with the TPS, ran all the codes thats what it came up with... When I took the TPS out the rubber gasket, O-ring whatever that slips in the sensor was completely smashed and was apparently letting water in as there was rust and all sorts of moisture inside of it... Dealership has recently closed and I can't find a part # anywhere for this little gasket/ 0-ring. Any help on locating a new one as it is not just a normal looking o-ring.

281 - 294 of 294 Posts