R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so started to take my bike in because it is acting funny but noticed a glob of crap on the block just behind the front sprocket cover. Turns out the previous owner sold me a bike with horribly jb welded, cracked block. So instead of living with it and paying some one to fix my current problem I am just going to replace the motor. Does anyone know of any good places to get a motor from and how much should I expect to pay? I have a 2003. Thank you for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
are you going to replace the whole block? tranny included? basically everything in between the frame?

--to anyone else with knowledge reading this thread--
is the 03-05 tranny a DIRECT bolt on to a first gen or are their some modifications req'd? same gear ratios and what not id imagine yes?

·
Registered
906 Posts
are you going to replace the whole block? ?

--to anyone else with knowledge reading this thread--
is the 03-05 tranny a DIRECT bolt on to a first gen or are their some modifications req'd? same gear ratios and what not id imagine yes?
03-05 tranny fits in a 99-02

and the ratios are diff yes

you could also take the block, and piece that broke off, to a competent welder that knows how to weld aluminum.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
when you say "fits" do you mean yea i could directly bolt it on? easy peasy or a little more complicated? and how much different are they ratios? noticeable to a street/tracker or not really that much different? the ratio is not really a big deal to me just curious, im more concerned with the direct bolt on or not.

jdmage-- don't count on me to buy your tranny, im just getting some information.

but if i were to buy it, how much would you sell the tranny alone for?

·
Registered
906 Posts
when you say "fits" do you mean yea i could directly bolt it on? easy peasy or a little more complicated? and how much different are they ratios? noticeable to a street/tracker or not really that much different? the ratio is not really a big deal to me just curious, im more concerned with the direct bolt on or not.
i remember one of the forum mods (i think it was big deezel?) said the 03-05 tranny will fit in a 99-02 block.

It was awhile back and i have drank (heavily) since then so i am not 100%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts