R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey kids. so i'm taking out the engine on my 05 r6 and i've taken everything out (mount bolts, harnesses...etc) and i get to this bolt... number 8 in the pic. anyways, my question is: does anyone have any tips on how to get it out w/o buying a pivot shaft wrench? i went everywhere to loook for one and nobody knew what the hell i was talking about. i went to the dealership and they said they'd have to special order it. thanks.

oh yeah, so i've taken out all the engine mount bolts... is there anything else besides these bolts that i need to take out? thanks for the help, it's my first time pulling the engine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
#8 is an adjusting nut. It does not need to come out. It is used to take the slack up on the bolt and frame i believe.
I cant remember but i think i usesd a large screwdriver/prybar to turn it.

just remembered. you do need to turn them outslightly. I did five turns out and five turns when assembling. use a grease pencil to mark references.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man, i tried using something flat and all but i couldn't get enough leverage but i'll look for something else. but you do need to turn em out to get the engine out correct? just clarifying, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
You can grind the end of a deep well socket, or piece of black iron pipe to use if you don't want to order the tool.

Yes you need to loosen these to remove the motor.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Really old post but I am doing the same thing, taking out the engine of my 05.

What book/service manual is that? Looks nothing like the one I bought from my local stealership

1 - 8 of 8 Posts