R6 Message Net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this only seems to happen on hot days. If i go riding and the weather is about 75 or so when i get to my destination i turn off the bike and everything is fine. the problem is when i go to turn it back on and its been sitting in the sun for a while, i find my self having to crank the throttle so the bike can come on. any of you have the same problem??? i have an 07 r6 (not s model)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2009 R6, I have about 1,300 miles on it. I took it in for its first sevice at 600 miles and they said everything was ok....
What could it be?? thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well at least i know its not only my bike.. its embarrassing to have a relatively new bike and it will not fire up on the first try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had that problem on my 08. I figured out it was because I was using the kill switch to turn it off. Once I just started to use the key to turn it off it has been fine. I know that doesn't sound right, but thats just how it is. I've gone back to using the kill switch before and it started doing it again. Ever since I used the key, it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that problem on my 08. I figured out it was because I was using the kill switch to turn it off. Once I just started to use the key to turn it off it has been fine. I know that doesn't sound right, but thats just how it is. I've gone back to using the kill switch before and it started doing it again. Ever since I used the key, it hasn't happened again.

Well I always use my key, I have used my kill switch maby two times.... So I dout that has anything too do with the problem. For my bike atleast....

·
Registered
74 Posts
had the same propb posted several times with no replys.
slapped a batt charger on because I thought the batt was losing juice, guess what no prob any more. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out and just stumbled on the fix. I have a batt tender and plug her in once a week and for the last 2 months now have been 100% prob free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts