R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace mine,

how hard is this to accomplish?

do you have to drain the oil?.. or can i just set the bike down on its side?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The left side engine cover i need to replace, its all scratched up.. and its time for a new one..

the reason i thought abou the sid theing, is so oil doesnt fall out when the cover is off..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
very little oil will fall out if you drain it first. I need to take mine off because I need to change the slider that is on them. also, make sure you get a new gasket because you will more than likely need it. I think there is ahow to on the board somewhere.....

·
Registered
228 Posts
The left side is your stator cover. Be careful when you pull that off as the magnet inside will try to hold it on and you don't want to damage the wiring. Just be careful and methodic and put things back together the way it came apart with a NEW gasket. As far as laying the bike on it's side, ARE YOU CRAZY MAN??? Changing that cover isn't exactly rocket science, but with questions like that, I see where the problem originates!!!! :myfault

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turn #1 said:
The left side is your stator cover. Be careful when you pull that off as the magnet inside will try to hold it on and you don't want to damage the wiring. Just be careful and methodic and put things back together the way it came apart with a NEW gasket. As far as laying the bike on it's side, ARE YOU CRAZY MAN??? Changing that cover isn't exactly rocket science, but with questions like that, I see where the problem originates!!!! :myfault

hahah,... i know i realized it was a stupid question

has anyone changed it without draining hte oil?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
albinohickey said:
^ A little will come out but you don't have to drain it. Did you read the how-to? :lol

awesome man.. thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Faster Integra said:
[email protected] laying it over....good luck changing your cover...stator cover is a piece of cake..but like others said..make sure to have a new gasket.

I know stupid question.. sometimes i just say things without thinking..

I have a new gasket..

thanks bro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts