R6 Message Net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured today would be a good day to get my bike dynoed since its 33 degrees out. Its a 10 minute trip to the dealership where I got it done at. When I first got there they told me not to be disapointed with the numbers becuase their dyno is about 10 hp off. I gave them the ok to dyno and for $75 bucks I thought I would get like 3 passes but I only got one.:mad:

Well after my 1 pass all the technicians were crowded around my bike (Im at the suzuki dealership btw) talking. I jumped the little do not cross line which is about 25ft away and walked over and asked them how my bike did. First words out of every ones mouth was "thats a strong 600". Well its dynoed at 98.75whp which is also 8whp more than any 600 they have ever dynoed. Only mods were a termignoni slip on and a BMC race filter and 112 octane which is all I run in it. Milage was 8816 miles. Its a 05 blue (the faster one) R6 btw.

I have full akropovic exhaust, slide stops, and a PCIII on the way and hopefully soon Ill be able to find a set of cams for it. :woot

·
Registered
886 Posts
dang man.. the dyno must be way off..

an 05 making 98hp.. doesnt sound good at all

do u have another dyno u can go to?

·
Albert Hoffman
767 Posts
I've seen stock 05s dyno like 102hp about. Somethings not right, or someone doesn't know how to use a dyno :thumbup

·
Registered
886 Posts
zipphreak said:
I've seen stock 05s dyno like 102hp about. Somethings not right, or someone doesn't know how to use a dyno :thumbup

thats strange.. i thought the 05 make way more than 102... allt he guys on here with there 03's with just pips are making 102

hmm

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
By the way, my 01 pulled 101.6 hp on a bright sunny day at Lee's Cycle in san diego. Only had a Micron high mount at the time. oh yeah. it had 89 octane too.

·
Registered
886 Posts
powerban said:
By the way, my 01 pulled 101.6 hp on a bright sunny day at Lee's Cycle in san diego. Only had a Micron high mount at the time. oh yeah. it had 89 octane too.

good numbers man.. i think the 01s recommend 87 octane.. so 91 may hurt ur numbers

that dyno that that guy dyno'd at must of beed fucked up.. cause that makes no sense.

·
Registered
171 Posts
combatstang said:
good numbers man.. i think the 01s recommend 87 octane.. so 91 may hurt ur numbers

that dyno that that guy dyno'd at must of beed fucked up.. cause that makes no sense.
every dyno is gonna be different. Alot of times they're pumped up, because of guys like you, who get off on the numbers. If you really want to find out proper numbers take your bike to a dyno at the races. There are alot of factors that go into a dyno run as well, so you have to keep that in mind as well. Just because you slap on a pipe doesn't automatically mean that your bumping power.

·
Registered
886 Posts
dextasy said:
every dyno is gonna be different. Alot of times they're pumped up, because of guys like you, who get off on the numbers. If you really want to find out proper numbers take your bike to a dyno at the races. There are alot of factors that go into a dyno run as well, so you have to keep that in mind as well. Just because you slap on a pipe doesn't automatically mean that your bumping power.

guys like me huh... ok buddy..

i dont want to start an internet war.. so im leaving it as is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
combatstang said:
guys like me huh... ok buddy..

i dont want to start an internet war.. so im leaving it as is.
take it how you will, but I don't mean anything by it. I should have said the general public. Manufacturers all know what numbers mean to the general public.....why do you think everyone on the board is going on about the 06. The hp numbers that the manufacturers are putting out is getting everyone in a tizzy. Those hp numbers are from the crank btw. Just like the manufacturers, most dealers will have dynos that read a little high, to bring in the masses. Like I said, bring your bike to a reputable race shop or to a race with a portable dyno, those guys usually have their dynos set proper, because racers depend on accurate hp readings. At least they do over here. Our limit for supersport 600's is a 115hp, if you blow over you're disqualified.....even something like what tires you run can have a small impact on your numbers. My bike is dynoed by my engine guy, who callibrates his dyno as close as he can to the dynos used at the national races, that way they are not too far off(which is pretty close) The bikes that magazines dyno will almost always read higher, because they are either pre production units or one of the first few bikes off the assembly line. Those bikes will be pretty "fresh" meaning that their motors will be strong because they will much closer to tolerances as the tooling they used to make the parts are still new. So depending on when your bike was made, can also affect your run. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Not trying to offend you or anything, I meant it in a good way........nothing wrong with wanting more power, however numbers don't always tell the whole story.

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
694 Posts
have it dynoed on a Factory Pro dyno and get SAE horsepower numbers. It will be a lot lower, but if you want to compare numbers, thats the better way to do it.

Dont let other posts fool you, guys with higher numbers mean absolutely squat if they are different dynos. My '00 would pull all the newer 600's I ever rode with no problem (it had a cam and was dynoed and tuned by a crew chief of a good team in Florida). It's made 89 SAE hp. So who cares if they dyno on a dynojet with +105 hp. I didnt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts