R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SuperSupremeR6Megamaster
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my way to work at 5:30am today my already crappy day turns worse. I am crusin on the PCH a little over the speed limit. I'd say about 55 in a 40. I see car lights behind me. No prob right? The car gets closer and starts riding my ass. So I speed up to get away from this A** Hole and next thing I know there are flashin red lights.

So i signal and pull off.

Cop gets out (its a woman) and asked me if I knew why she pulled me over. I say "sure do! I was speeding trying to get you off my ass." She proceeds to explain that she dose not have a radar in the car and that she was pacing me to see how fast I was going. I then explained that I was rearended by a car earlyer this year and I don't take chances with cars behind me. Especially ones that follow that close. She said she had to go 80mph to catch up to me.

So i did not feel my money clip in my pocket so I told her I forgot my ID. My Bike and ID are still TX. She starts in on this BS like "Do you always ride with out your ID?" UH NO!!!

Of corse once I take off my gloves and get off the bike I feel the damn money clip. So i was honest a told her. Next thing out of her mouth is "Oh so you lied to me!" :wtf I just told you that I found it. Honest mistake. "Now I can't be live a word you say", she tells me.

I get the full treatment. She searches me. Empties my pockets and sits me on the curb. While I sit she goes to consult her partner that rolled up shortly aft she stoped me. Funny thing is they don;t know what to do. I see them looking through a book and shaking their heads. When they finally come back over she explains that she won't site me for the Speeding but she has to site me for not having a California Moto endorsement. Dosent make a shit that I have a TX one i guess! She also explained that they can't let me ride home but they are not going to impound the bike. They basically told me that they were going to leave and hope that don't get on the bike and ride until I get a California Moto endorsement. WTF? I have no phone and can't ride it home. No way I can push it up the hills on the PCH. She tells me there is a store up the road I can find a phone there. Like I am going to leave my bike on the side of the PCH while I go to the store.

So they leave and I debate. Are they giving me a chance to get home or enough rope to hang my self. Of course its the latter. Not 2 minutes after they drive off they come cruisein back by me.

After chillen an smokin a cigg tryin to calm down, I finally said screw it I m riding this bitch home. luckily i was fairly close to home so I took some back streets through the neighborhoods and evaded them successfully.

Sorry for the length.......had to get this one off my chest!

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
I told you not to Ride in TX, what do you expect from know good scum bums?:rollin

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds to me like that cop needs one of these>>>:kickinnut

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
man that sucks, have one on me :beermug
Since this happened at 5 in the morning how bad was the day u were having if this was happening only 5 hours after the day started:sick

·
SuperSupremeR6Megamaster
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bballman01 said:
man that sucks, have one on me :beermug
Since this happened at 5 in the morning how bad was the day u were having if this was happening only 5 hours after the day started:sick

Thanks! Well i was on my way to work. Not looking forward to it cuz I am the only one here and there ain't shit to do. +i drank a little too much yesterday and was not feeling great. So all that + i get pulled over by this dumb A** = horrible day!:kickinnut

·
SuperSupremeR6Megamaster
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sideshow said:
they should know better to 'pace' a BIKE .. especially from behind. we're taught in msf to speed up and give way when being tailgated. some cops are just the dumbest set of mofos out there.
Yeah i know! I was itchen to give her a peice of my mind but it's not worth the hassle with people in that kind of posiotion of power.

she probably realized it was a wrong move. Maybe thats why she didn't site for speeding.

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
Well look on the brightside u live in Laguna Beach, CA.
Litterally a whole world away from 0 degree riding in the UK

·
SuperSupremeR6Megamaster
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is some cold ridin! I hate it when it dips below 50 here. Could not even think about ridin in 0! Burr!

·
r6centralcom
685 Posts
So what are you doing about the ticket for no Lic?...lol I hope you fight that and show you do have one sound slike an easy win to me.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
silversun262 said:
That is some cold ridin! I hate it when it dips below 50 here. Could not even think about ridin in 0! Burr!
silversun, you ride the pch to work at around 530 every morning? cause theres got to be some serious fog at that time around there. which brought up a question, can/do some bikes have fog lights? i wouldnt wanna be caught in fog on a bike, thats why im asking.

·
SuperSupremeR6Megamaster
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not worried about the lic issue. Hope it gets kicked.

Just pissed about the situation. I was really lookin forward to riding today!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I don't understand. You have a Texas motorcycle LICENSE endorsement or just a permit? In GA I have an M on my license and the back shows "Class M - All Motorcycles". Does yours have this and if so why didn't you show her that?

Obviously drivers licenses and Motorcycle endoresements are federally recognized, I don't believe permits are though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have ten days to obtain a California license + M1 endorsement, once you become a resident of CA. There are exemptions so you may want to read the sections - California Vehicle Code 12500 and on. The out of state license does not matter (where you actually live is what counts). From your description of the incident, it sounds like you got a major break from the "dumb a** cop." She let you slide on the speeding and did not tow your bike for riding out of class, although technically, they could have impounded your bike for 30 days because it sounds like you have never been licensed in California.

If you do intend to fight the endorsement citation, be prepared to prove you are not a permanent resident of our fine state. I am sure the Judge will have no problem believing you were on your morning commute to work from Texas. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts