R6 Message Net banner

Dream aftermarket wheels

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  4yamahas 
#1 ·
Like the title states, what are your dream aftermarket wheels?

Post up pictures and price or your dream aftermarket wheels!

#12 ·
IMHO carbon wheels just dont look good.... carbon isnt always "cool" looking. However i would have to agree that Marchesini magnesium wheels would be on my dream list....in fact i think im going to go over to the Yoshimura race shop and drool over the dozens they have just sitting around :p

#13 ·
Chiro, show us how they look with the bike as a whole please. Those wheels look crazy.

#15 · (Edited)
vahyper6 said:
IMHO carbon wheels just dont look good.... carbon isnt always "cool" looking. However i would have to agree that Marchesini magnesium wheels would be on my dream list....in fact i think im going to go over to the Yoshimura race shop and drool over the dozens they have just sitting around :p
i TOTALLY agree with you. in fact i can't stand the look of carbon at all and probably had one of the only ducs without it for the longest time. i was ready to get the mag marchesinis when i came across this deal and couldn't pass it up so. i even tried to have them painted but nobody in az would touch the project...???

on the bright side, they're even lighter than the 10 spokes and the improvements were phenomenal!!!

Wintermoon said:
Chiro, show us how they look with the bike as a whole please. Those wheels look crazy.
here you go:

#16 ·
That is one nice 748 there . I went with the carbon fiber for weight reduction and also dont care for the looks of carbon either , which is why I painted the gas tank.The BST wheels make the bike turn with much less effort along with every other handeling aspect being improved .The rim itself weighs next to nothing with the metal hub acounting for most of the weight which is where it has less gyroscopic affect.Those marchesinis look good too but the magnesiums bend easily.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.