R6 Message Net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
05 R6
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I did a search and I didn`t find any thread about it. I have a KBC VR-1 euro but I find it a little bit noisy when I do highway or go higher than 60mph for a long time. My ears buzz a little bit after my ride.

So I want to know if you suggest any helmet less noisy that my KBC, or you all wears ears plug?

Thanx for the comments.

Ride safe!

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
I love suomy lids, but they are noisy...Might want to stay away from them if you are looking for a quiet helmet

did you ever think about ear plugs?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I wear earplugs. I have a 2001 Shoei X-Tec and the Vemar Carbon Fiber helmet. I wear earplugs not only for the wind noise but also for the Devil slip on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just put my Suomy Gunwind away for a Shoei X-11 and I love it, but it's noisier than fuck. With plugs or ipod in it's not too bad, but that's what you get with helmets that vent.

·
Registered
628 Posts
yea shoei's are supposed to be quieter...

i thought in general arais helmets werent the quietest...

i have an arai signet and since its my first bike, first helmet i dunno..

but i couldnt handle the wind noise @ speeds... i ALWAYS wear some low grade ear plugs... just enuff to muffle wind noise but i can hear everything fine...

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Yep, just wear some earplugs. You can buy a box of 'em for $10 and they'll last you for years.....and they really help to reduce fatigue when riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts