R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2005 Yamaha R6 and I had it lowered earlier this year about 1 inch.

Just last weekend the dogbone snapped in half while I was stopped at a stop light.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm concerned as I really like the height but worried that another replacement dogbone would also be a risk to snap. I wonder if the original stock dogbone would pose the same risk.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-K

·
Registered
145 Posts
never had issues with my present and past ones...u must ride really hard to break them.either that or yours was deffective

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought was so weird. I have been swamped with work this year so haven't done much riding. Not too many miles on that thing.

Glad to hear it's not a common occurance.

-K

·
Registered
628 Posts
if u can wheelie well and bring it down softly... it shouldnt matter...~ mr thrak although im sure u know this... maybe learning to wheelie on a lowered bike... =)

not to start an argument though its not good to wheelie anyways and even more so on a lowered bike

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
If you want to keep your bike lowered, a safer way to do it would be to shorten the shock. Any local machine shop would be able to turn a spacer for you to install in the shock. You would have to buy a shorter spring, but it would still be cheaper than having your suspension fail at speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts