R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure most of you know about me buying two new dirt bikes that were stolen the day after I bought them.
Today while at work the dealer I got them from calls and talks to my wife reguarding the titles to the bikes. The lady tells my wife that they cant register for the titles because the bikes were stolen. She then suggested we report the bikes were found then register for the titles, then once we get the titles to report the bikes stolen again. WTF? Am I missing something here? I paid cash for the bikes and paid all title fees etc. The only proof of ownership I have other than my reciepts is those titles and I have every right to have them.
If they dont give me my titles maybe they should just give me my money back. Does this make sense to anyone am I missing something here? I will have to go talk to these people I guess.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Huh? The bikes that got stolen can't be registered by the dealer you bought them from because they have been stolen? :umm

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But wouldnt their copy of the reciepts cover them on that? Dont get me wrong I am all for getting my money back. It just sounds too easy.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Ask the cops that filled our your report.. they should know, or at least they can find out..

That does sound fishy though. The title paperwork should've been filled out and sent in for transfer the day you bought the bikes... at the very latest the day AFTER you bought the bikes. Why has it taken them so long to do that?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thrak said:
Ask the cops that filled our your report.. they should know, or at least they can find out..

That does sound fishy though. The title paperwork should've been filled out and sent in for transfer the day you bought the bikes... at the very latest the day AFTER you bought the bikes. Why has it taken them so long to do that?
Exactly, that was my other question. Why has it taken them almost 4 weeks now to register for my titles.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
i'd talk to the detective that's working your case. that dealer is shady man.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick update, I just got off the phone with the state DMV. They told that the bikes were put on a national stolen vehicle registry and they cant be titled. This is to prevent anyone getting titles for them with a fake bill of sale, any work being done on them and prevents them getting titled out of state. They said the dealer should give me copies of all paperwork including the MSO's for both bikes.

After that I spoke to the dealer and they are giving me all the paperwork including the MSO's. So I asked well since nothing got documented or registered what about the fees I paid for that and I will be getting a refund on document fees which is $200. Its something anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts