R6 Message Net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have been doing some research and i was wondering if some of you could help me out with a few questions.
First off these are a few things that i have found out

03-04 and 06-07 R6s are identical bikes less the decals
05 has the same body except for a little piece that sits right in front of the raidator and a different front fender
05 has inverted forks
03-07 R6 including the S model all of them have the same wheels
05 R6 has the same brake rotors and caliper (or atlest the same mount) as the 06-07 R6 but are different from 03-04 R6
05 has the same brake and clutch lever as the 06-07 R6

Is there anything else that i am missing?
Do sprockets from a 06-07 fit an 03-05?
Do they all use the same wheel bearings?
Do clip ons from an 06-07 fit the 05R6?

What parts are interchangeable and what arent?

guys with experience from both bikes would help

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
all the sprockets 03-08 are interchangeable.
Bearings work as well
clip-ons are interchangeable as long as they go to the same style forks...inverted to inverted, or conventional to conventional.

I have had an one from each year...what other parts do you want to know about?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I've had an 04, 06, & 08 R6.

The main difference that matter aren't the things you see or what parts are swappable but they have different frames & different motors. They improved them as track bikes. Better street bikes too for a rider like me but some don't like how track like they are for riding just street. The 06-07 R6 have bad low-mid so new gearing is needed.

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you saying that the 03-04 R6 and the 08r6s are different?
Im justwondering cuz i have riden an 07r6s and an 04 r6 and they felt exactly the same to me.

big deezul im just wondering what parts are interchangeable because im thinking of picking up a track bike....03-05 and between me and my friend we have a ton of parts from an 04 an05 and an 07 R6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts