R6 Message Net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you used a synthetic oil vs a yamalube in your bikes?is there any difference in the quality as well as what 10w 30 seems to be the best on the market???

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you search on this subject im sure you will find numerous replys.

I have used both mobil 1 synthetic (for motorcycle) and the Yamalube, it seemed with the synthetic I had a few more missed shifts compared to the Yamalube, could just be me though. I just use the Yamalube now, and use it when I do trackdays. The Yamalube is cheaper than synthetic oil especially when you do 10 oil changes in a year, and I don't feel I am at I high enough level to really have a need for synthetic oil. :shurg

·
Registered
628 Posts
ive never missed shifts even when i was a nubby on either type... but i think my bike runs hotter with m1 10-30 synthetic...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Only way to truly end this debate is to connect sensors to your drivetrain, install various types of oil and ride. See for yourself how temperature, shifting quality, smoothless and vibration are affected by different types of oil. How do you do this? Connect an external temperature sensor, a Hall-effect sensor (for vibrations) and a data logger to your bike and do the experiment. Unless you do it this way, you will never know for sure. Every oil manufacturer will swear that their oil performs best, every rider who uses a certain type of oil faithfully will swear that their particular oil is the reason the bike performs at its best, and so on...Design an experiment and go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.