R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a clean record, but i just got my first ticket. i need to talk to the judge bc i may be able to get out of it bc of a speed limit error on the ticket. but if i cant, should i do defensive driving or deferred adjudication? can someone explain both of them to me? from what i understand, if i do deferred then i just pay the ticket and make sure i dont get another in the alloted time and my record stays clean.is this correct? if i do defensive, do i just pay the ticket, take the class and then not have to worry about getting another ticket? does it stay off of your record? if thats the case, then defensive driving seems the better option. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I took defensive driving. You just pay for the dfensive driving class...usually about 130 bucks...and the ticket doesnt get put on your record so you get no points. Call and double check with soemone at your local court...but it should be the same type of deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got a speeding ticket, took the DDC and it still shows the damn ticket on my Driving record. I mean, it shows the ticket and it shows the DDC credit. So as you can see you are not 100% proteced. I should know, my Insurance wont renew me because of this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you get a ticket you can take up the defensive driving course or traffic school course depends on the state you got the ticket. There are many course providers who provide the course online and also for much less price compared with classroom course.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New York State Defensive Driving Class

Many people have taken the Defensive Driving Class in New York State here -

www.northeastroadsafety.com

It' an excellent course and the DMV is notified immediately for up to a 4 Point reduction on your license and you're entitled to a 10% reduction in Auto Insurance for 3 years for all vehicles for which you are the principal operator. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts