R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daytona Tire Test (now with pics)

I can't wait to see the lap times this weekend. I hope the new R6 lives up to it's hype. I'm also looking forward to seeing if the AMA boys will run yamaha blue or the 50th anniv yellow.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The are blue...check out the first round of pics on 'Soup

I don't think it is open to the public, just media and of course it's not on TV (this is speed we're talkin about) but they will have Live timing on the AMA website...

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
jself24 said:
The are blue...check out the first round of pics on 'Soup

I don't think it is open to the public, just media and of course it's not on TV (this is speed we're talkin about) but they will have Live timing on the AMA website...
:jerkit

Is the course layout the same as last year?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah it's the same layout but they did repave the rest (old part) of the infield, so the entire infield has been resurfaced in the last 2 years. After the first am session Disalvo is the fastest 600 by about 1.5 seconds (he only ran 18 laps). Disalvos best time was a 142.155, which is .43 seconds faster than Duhammels FX pole time from last year. I know it doesn't mean much this early, but it's nice to see that the bike is on pace right out of the box.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Man, that thing looks lethal.

I know they're just testing tires but what class would those bikes be in?

Check out the wheels and rotors.

·
Registered
376 Posts
those pics are of the FX bike. They can change just about whatever they want in that class (superbike 600 basicly).SS class they cant change that stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
SuperDave344 said:
those pics are of the FX bike. They can change just about whatever they want in that class (superbike 600 basicly).SS class they cant change that stuff.
Thats what I was thinking but I didn't know they were running in FX

·
Banned
5,460 Posts

Did you see that? This thing is so fast I almost passed myself

·
Registered
376 Posts
looks like either the new R6 is fast or the ZX10 is slow!! Hacking is just as fast as tommy hayden & hes on a superbike!! and as fast as yates on the gsxr 1000 superstock bike

1 Jake Zemke American Honda Honda CBR1000RR 1:40.378
2 Neil Hodgson Ducati Austin Ducati 999 1:40.879
3 Aaron Yates American Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000 (Superstock) 1:41.202
4 Tommy Hayden Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1:41.416
5 Jamie Hacking Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R6 1:41.598
6 Jason DiSalvo Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R6 (FX) 1:42.155
7 Jason Pridmore Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:42.612
8 Roger Lee Hayden Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX6-RR 1:42.446
9 Miguel Duhamel American Honda Honda CBR600RR (FX) 1:43.717
10 Damon Buckmaster Attack Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX6-RR 1:43.894
11 Aaron Gobert Erion Honda Honda CBR1000RR 1:43.985

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm almost positive hacking was riding the superstock R1

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hacking is also under last year's pole time on the supersport spec R6. I'm going out on a limb and saying the 2006 R6 will capture both Supersport and FX titles this year!!!

It's pretty cool that the superbike and sperstock machines are still a full .8 to 1 sec off of last years pace and the new R6 has already spanked the FX (by.348 sec) and Supersport (by 1.301 sec )pole time from last year.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The time posted on superbikeplanet.com for the morning session says (r6), but he only rode the r1 in the morning. His best time on the r6 this afternoon is a 1.42.209 which is 1.3 seconds faster than last years pole time. Here is the link from Roadracingworld.com

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Damn that bike looks sick in race trim!

*drool*

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
That's impressive, I only hope this leap in performance will transfer to the R1 as well next year. I would love nothing more than a complete sweep of the AMA

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cever said:
That's impressive, I only hope this leap in performance will transfer to the R1 as well next year. I would love nothing more than a complete sweep of the AMA
The sweep would be cool but it won't happen. I can almost guarantee that Yamaha will be racing Superbike next year. With that, I can't see them fielding a rider in all 3 support classes. I think you will see something like what Suzuki does.... Such as all 3 ride superbike, Hacking is in Supersport; Disalvo is in Superstock; and Bostrom rides no support classes. JMHO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts