R6 Message Net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a custom bike and Alberto Puig sitting by him (in a photo on motogp.com), Dani Pedrosa is certainly the go-to guy for 2007. He is already posting consistent and improving lap times, although with shorter runs, and is already doing better than Stoner and Elias. I think the runs they did were on race tyres, but the lap times are strikingly close to the best circuit time. Let's hope Nicky can pull something out of the bag next season.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Yeah, the kid did the good job on the last day.

1. Dani Pedrosa - Honda, 2’02.77
2. Nicky Hayden - Honda, 2’02.79
3. Marco Melandri - Honda, 2’02.86
4. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki, 2’02.93
5. John Hopkins - Suzuki, 2’03.10
6. Carlos Checa - Honda, 2’03.39
7. Colin Edwards - Yamaha, 2’03.61
8. Casey Stoner - Honda, 2’03.70
9. Valentino Rossi - Yamaha 2’03.85
10. Toni Elias - Honda, 2’03.95
11. Randy du Puniet - Kawasaki, 2’04.27
12. Chris Vermuelen - Suzuki, 2’04.50
13. James Ellison - Yamaha, 2’05.00

·
Registered
408 Posts
Look at it like this, he is a rookie trying to make a point, so he will be balls to the wall trying to get a good lap time, while the vets like Val, Nick & Collin are just taking their time are really testing new parts and trying to get a feel for new stuff.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
lordplum said:
Gibernau proved that qualifying and racing are also two VERY different things =)
hell he proved leading a race and finishing that race are two different things.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Smitty said:
Look at it like this, he is a rookie trying to make a point, so he will be balls to the wall trying to get a good lap time, while the vets like Val, Nick & Collin are just taking their time are really testing new parts and trying to get a feel for new stuff.
I'll buy that theory.

·
Registered
723 Posts
csideblue said:
hell he proved leading a race and finishing that race are two different things.
haha.. very true. I think he has a few special buttons on bike:

1) "Run out of gas" button.
2) "blow white smoke out the exhaust to make it look like the bike's broken" button.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
lordplum said:
haha.. very true. I think he has a few special buttons on bike:

1) "Run out of gas" button.
2) "blow white smoke out the exhaust to make it look like the bike's broken" button.
You forgot the insta crash button.. :spit

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AFC said:
I'll buy that theory.
I agree as well. The point is that Pedrosa did very short runs and got exhausted quickly. He will have to build the stamina to race the whole distance. Maybe he should get a normal CBR1000RR and put tons of lap times to get used to the weight and build endurance. LOL.
We'll see how he would do in Jerez.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2K5Adam said:
Anyone see Pedrosa's Arai helmet? That thing looks like Tron! It's actually kinda cool

The helmet looks cool but don't know why he always has problem with it no matter it is Nolan or Arai.

He could not see in hot or rain conditions in Nolans then swiched to Arai. Then he had probelms with Arai as well in Valencia GP.

Maybe he is Medusa.:wink .....he's got snakes on his head to damage the helmet....plus he stares things like a Medusa

·
Registered
6 Posts
2K5Adam said:
If it didnt have that gay Dragonball Z/Star Wars thing on the back id buy it

ok...it is a little bit childish..but gay???? not as gay as some of the riders in my opinion

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, he is referred to as Little Luke Skywalker... when he rides at home, they play the StarWars theme, so no Dragonball stuff on his helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts