R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well......never had had a major accident until yesterday.
Story goes as follows.

This car

slammed on the brakes because of a Dog, eventhought it could have been a horse, for I never saw shit.

So a toyota truck hits him in the back.
I see when they hit and slammed on my brakes,
my truck slid and hit the toyota causing this damage

My truck, however, ....did not do that good.
Either Dodge is a piece of shit, or the crumple zones do work. Airbags never went off

I was doing about 20 mph, which may be why they never went off

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was doing 35 (speed limit)
when I hit, I was at 20, but man....today everything in my body hurts
waiting on insurance to get truck fixed.
(mental note....buy a Toyota next time)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ticket for careless driving and yes I have abs, but only in the back, which is stupid.
Truck without a load in the bed.....the abs do not do shit. THe bed is to light......
WIll take ticket to court to get points off the license

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
juanovm said:
ticket for careless driving and yes I have abs, but only in the back, which is stupid.
Truck without a load in the bed.....the abs do not do shit. THe bed is to light......
WIll take ticket to court to get points off the license
ABS only on the back. That's dumb as hell.

As far as the ticket, you may get zero points but have to pay a much higher ticket fine because of it. Be careful.

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
Wow, Dodge being the biggest and toughest of the 3, gets the most damage!
Ouch, sorry about the ticket and all. Glad you're alright.

·
Feel alright...
1,327 Posts
Damn Juan, sorry to hear about your wreck, hope everything works out man.

juanovm said:
and I went....OH SHIT
^ The Classic Oh Shit... yep I said that when I got cut off on my bike and when I target fixated and ran wide in a turn. :myfault

·
Registered
179 Posts
quick story,
I was stopped waiting for a light to turn green in my 01 saab 9-5 (don't get me started), and some dude in a dodge ram (2500 I think) hit me from behind. I felt that he hit me, but it was just enough to think crap, and it was over.

I got out, and I looked at mine, and I didn't even notice his front end. mine was dented and a bit scratched. then I turned around and his front end was gone. He was doing like 30 when he hit me. they had to tow his shit away, and the last thing he told me was that he was going forgin next time. :)

So, they may be safe but DAMN its like hitting a lego house with a baseball bat.

Glad you ok.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
doh, that sux man, but if you were able to rear end someone then yeah you were following too closely. you dont have to be right on someone's ass to be following too closely. they didnt come up with the 2 second rule for nothing!

as for toyotas... i got broadsided by a 97 F-250 doing about 55mph in the rain, in my 87 Toyota 4x4 pickup. both trucks were totaled but the distance from the front of his truck to the windshield after the accident was no greater than 2 feet. course my frame was a pretzel, but i think she held up pretty well!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts