R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yestaday at 1:00pm i went out at lunch to pick up a £100 from my dads house but at the end of the day it cost me a hell of a lot more...
Riding down a straight road (one of my favorites) and come to the traffic lights, as i waited i noticed me best mate was on his bicycle on the pavement next to me, my recepionist at work in her car behind me and one of my boss's a couple of cars behind, anyway the light went green and i took of 1st, was going around 50mph when i noticed the bonnet of a white metro poking out from a side turning wanting to go straight across (women driver), she came half way out and stopped, she looked me dead in the eyes and then decided to try pull out quickly and get acrooss before i approched (dumb bitch), i slammed me brakes on just enough not to skid but it was no good, i knew for a fact i was going hit the car. it was a strange feeling it felt like everything went in slow motion and i had time to plan what i was going to do, i wanted to move to the oppisite side of the road but a bus was coming so i couldnt do that, i thought if i hit her passenger door i may go through her window, so the last resort was to collide were the petrol cap was at the rear, i hit with so much force. The bike shattered on inpact, i got flung over the handel bars and over her roof, i remember being in the air and looking down on her roof and thinking *shit*, i landed on my right shoulder, rolled for ages ended up getting flicked back up into the air landing again and sliding, i knew i had to be limp and not tense up otherwise i knew that was gonna do some damge, so i was getting thrown about like a rag doll, when i stopped i just got up and ran out the road as quick as possible, but i knew something was wrong as i couldnt stand up just collapsed and crawled onto the pavement by this time the women managed to turn her car around and park up, then started shouting *look what you done to my car* , i couldnt breathe and just curled up, all my mates come running up shaking more than what i was. The ambulance turned up along with the police and i had to give a staement there and then, it was 2 officers, 1 male and the other female, the bloke come up and looked at it and went *its the bikers fort* i was shocked as he wernt there, he didnt know what happened, he just assumed i was speeding and careless. Got to hospital only a fracktured ankle and broozes, i was so lucky as looking back on it i shouldnt be here right now.... WEAR YA LEATHERS!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am glad you are still alive

Very sorry to hear about this. And to top it off she tried to blame you

I'm surprised she just didn't speed away.

It's almost the same thing

·
99 R6 + 04 R1 = Trouble
606 Posts
I'm amazed by the idiocy of people sometimes!!!(ok, not really).

Did you get cited for the accident? Seems like with that many witnesses you could avoid that.

I'm glad to hear you turned out ok though, that could have been much worse!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah got a couple of witness's, the hole road came to a stand still, it happened outside of a old peoples home and some nurses came out pretty quick which was lucky, but without a dought i should have been killed, its a really strange feelling

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, heal up quick. It's wierd how the whole world turns into The Matrix when you know you're about to crash, isn't it? You suddenly have tons of time to sit there and go "man, this is gonna be bad" even though the whole event is over in a second or two.

By the lingo and the fact that you were pickin up Pounds instead of Dollars, I gather you're not in the USA. Not sure how it is where you are, but here in the states, it is ALWAYS the fault of the person who pulls out into oncoming traffic, NOT the fault of the poor bastard who slams into their car. This happened to me once in my car, the other driver did the same thing; just pulled out, stopped, looked straight at me and did absolutely nothing while my car plowed into his head-long. It was entirely his fault, as it should be in your case. Don't let it go on your record, make the stupid lady own up to her stupidity.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Adam, glad you are relatively ok mate and that you have witnesses!

Carbon copy of my big crash except it was a volvo estate.

Did you dent the tank with your bollocks as well?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can bet your life i did, me bollox are proper broozed, if you look at the 2nd pic i posted you can see a slight dent, looks worse in real life

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
In all seriousness, did you have your pelvis x-rayed?

I had the same type of crash, didn't break anything but pulled all the bits of my groin going over the bars (and found out much later snapped a ligament in my knee). I had deep bruising from balls to toes on both sides and couldn't walk for a while.

Defnitely worth seeing your gp for a second opinion as soon as you are well enough. This would have saved me a load of time on the personal injury payout.

I really hope the coppers don't try and stitch you up. I got a producer from the 2 that interviewed me in the hospital bed!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i get the plaster off me leg and i still cant walk then yeah defently get myself x-rayed, its starting to sink in that i've lost my bike, i want another yet i got a gut feeling that i dont want another if you know what i mean

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
how in the hell can it be your fault? seriously there is no way it is. she pulled out in front of you. even if you were going 5 mph its still her fault.
man this pisses me of pretty good. this situation is why there are so many lawyers.
get well soon friend! and good luck to you legally I know you will need it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There were loads of things i would of loved to say and do to that women but i was a bit of a mess, shes ruined everything for me

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. The copper probably assumed it was your fault cause you were probably speeding...do you know what the posted speed limit was?
Still, she pulled out right in front of you and were a total bitch about it. Damn cagers think they're faster than a bike and they think they'll make it. Unfortunately, in most cases, it doesn't end up being this way.
Heal up quick bro, and sorry about the bike.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i was to sue or go through her insurence whatever, how long do you reckon it'll take to get sorted, i've heard it could take up to a year maybe 2

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
i would get in contact with the police ASAP to review the report.. if they report its your fault you may be screwed. her insurance will be in contact with you or your ins very soon. your ins will contact you for your side of the story and possibly be stuck paying since the police say its your fault. if you have good insurance they will contest the police report. since its clearly not your fault. now is when the shit will hit the fan and go to court. as for how long it takes i dont know. hopefully the bitch doesnt have the audacity to try and sue you in the meantime. if she is a bitch like your story portrays her she probably will.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts