R6 Message Net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just booked for Castle Coombe on 18th June. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone fancied coming along.
castlecombecircuit.co.uk/bike_trackdays.htm
If so, read the section on noise limits because they are ultra strict. Road legal cans only. I also have a promotion code if you PM me before booking for a £13 discount

Roll on the sunshine - I'll try to get some pics this time.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm interested but will have to get my exhaust checked by them first will see if anyone is around at coombe fri afternoon good excuse for a rideout too lol...got rid of the standard can but I have a baffle which is pretty quite.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gav- kind of a long journey for a not overly glamorous track. Same reason I'll never do Cadwell & that place looks wicked.
Lee- sorry its all booked up now. Another time maybe. You will probably be fine with the baffle in , as that is what I (& many others )do.
Got Silverstone booked yet? Do it! You know it makes sense.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought I would dig this post up again as after 2 postponements , I finally got on Track yesterday. :hyper

Woke up to a dry morning, but it was wet (not raining) in Chippenham, with a fair wind to start drying the track out. Sound test, breifing and sighting laps completed, and I then hit the 1st session in damp conditions. Everybody was taking it nice and steady, and a dry line was appearing by the end of the session, so I managed to reach half-lean!
By time session 2 came up the track was dry apart from the odd patch off line. I was still cool with a strong wind so I was still holding back. Good job too as there were a couple of opening lap cold-tyre tumbles in the morning. One poor chap was out with concusion, busted ribs, and a rather sorry looking RSV Mille. Fortunately he was sat up and chatting before his journey to A&E.
After lunch the sun came out a bit and the pace went right up. Gotta love those Diablo Corsa III's as I could heave on loads of throttle on the exit without any slippage at all, and was having a real good tussle with a guy on an SP1. He eventually started running wide on Quarry and I passed on the inside (bye-bye).
Towards the end of the day half the riders had left so I got some bonus track time in. Totalled just over 100 miles of knee scraping tank slapping fun, and have come to the conclusion that I really need a damper or a suspension guru before the next visit.
On to the important bit - PICS

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice pics - But very surprised that you had not taped up any lights or indicators. I thought that was a requirement for a track day?

Just done the wife's bike as she is doing her first trackday at Mallory on saturday - Anyone else doing that event?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts