R6 Message Net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the FSM, and it tells me how to test ithe temp sensor, but it doesn't tell me where it's located.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the bike apart and I'm not seeing it on the back of the radiator. I looked at the FSM and it shows the sensor going to the ECU ... but I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i believe its actually located on the left side/bank of the radiator. I have an 03 also and I remember seeing something plugged on the left side of the radiator. you can even see it through the fairing. i could just be imagining things tho. :umm

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all the fairings off, I'll take pics of both sides of the radiator this weekend and you guys can point it out to me, b/c I'm noy seeing it.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
On the 99-02 at least, the fan switch is in the upper right corner of the radiator.

The coolant temp. probe is threaded into the rear of the head, near the center, under the carbs.

I'm pretty sure the 03-04's have the same set-up.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
It would be on one of the electrical fiche's. Which one are you looking for, the fan switch or the coolant temp probe?

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
So where is it located then? Looks like the rad area. I'm going riding shortly and will investigate on my 03.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I stared at every inch on that bike and nothing looks like the one I got in the mail. Anyone else have any luck?

I picked up some wire and switch to manually wire the fan tonight. So hopefully that will be a temporary fix till I'm able to figure this out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok someone found it today for me at a local tech day. So in case anyone ever needs it.

1) Remove the seat
2) remove gas tank
3) remove air box
4) It's located on the back side of the engine, right underneath the throttle bodies, and it's a bitch to get to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts